So, who enjoyed Dispatches ...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Actually, I think nothing short of a full 'Lobotomy' is called for here :

1. Surgical interruption of nerve tracts to and from the frontal lobe of the brain; often results in marked cognitive and personality changes !

Think this might do the trick ;-):lol:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. I thought it was pathetic, to be brutally honest. They completely misunderstood how stat barred works.

That's what I was thinking, the woman with the Stat Barred debt said, if we had even paid one penny, we would have been due the lot.

I've always thought, once a debt becomes Stat Barred, it stays that way.

Can't remember her mentioning any CCJ.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I don't know if anyone else noticed when 'Mark' from Marlin (or 'Paul' as he is known in Mortimer Clarke) told the reporter about the woman he was about to call. He said she had taken out a loan 10 years ago then stopped paying 8 years ago. Surely he must have known that the debt was Statute Barred as no payments had been made for more than 6 years.

What a bunch of bottom feeders. Same monkeys, different desks. I would not have believed it if i had not seen it.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

that was me and quite frank i wish i didn't do it now, i was told this by someone from another forum so i believed it, i wasn't corrected by channel 4 so excuse me if i got it wrong

It's not your fault that you were misinformed. C4 should have corrected you during filming...

that was me and quite frank i wish i didn't do it now, i was told this by someone from another forum so i believed it, i wasn't corrected by channel 4 so excuse me if i got it wrong

Hi,

Sorry, BB's right it was'nt your fault, C4 more than likely did'nt know either.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Did one of the "Customers" call the (Edit) at Marlin a "Muppet" when he called her at work? If so, nice one.

I think they did. Personally i would have called him a monkey LOL :lol:

Edited by maroondevo52
As above
:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Hmmm...i would seriously consider finding out which authority you could complain to about that, they should have gave you something at least even under something as technical as performing rights etc....?

Might be worth you kicking up a fuss over this issue with them ;)

On the whole I thought the channel 4 programme was weak and shallow and gave a view of the industry which suggested that on the whole it was ok with just a few rotters in it.

It's a shame that they didn't look into the doorstep side of the business or the private equity side.

The reapeated references that everyone is "obliged to pay their debts" annoyed me as well. That's all well and good, but the banks and credit card companies have obligaqtions too, such as complying withy the legal requirements of the CCA 1974. How about someone giving that a mention, just for once? :mad:

As do we all ! Well done .... just a pity that Ms C from Production and big ol E decided not to use my info - I had so much to embarrass these ****s, truly !! problem is, the vast majority of my stuff related more to Cabot and only a small amount on 1st Credit.

Well done, Suzi, either way. As for the SB mistake, that can always be corrected in the proposed follow-up ... don't worry. You helped many more than you know.

The 'Comments' section of the Channel 4 website may just give them an indication that there is still more to be done with this story. I've posted my comment and would urge everyone else to do the same. Keep the impetus going!

Official : 'Mark is not expected back at work for the rest of the week'

I wonder if he'll ever be back at their workplace ?

Blimey, I had visions of Mark coming into work today completely oblivious to it all and shouting "I don't give a ****" at every opportunity.

I suppose Marlin have to protect their star player :rolleyes:

While not agreeing with the omission, I believe C4 were well aware of the enforceability issue, but were advised by their legal team, that announcing it to the world at large would trigger a financial crisis similar to sub-prime, imagine the billions of credit card and other debt taken pre-2006, that would be lost to these "institutions".