So, who enjoyed Dispatches ...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

... expose of the nasty debt collection industry ?

I don't think it went anywhere near far enough at showing these pond life operators for the real vultures that they collectively are.

The sad thing that was all too clear from the programme was the lack lustre OFT. I had no idea that they were as 'inactive' ( being kind here ) as they are in this area !

What are you feelings about it ??

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

... expose of the nasty debt collection industry ?

I don't think it went anywhere near far enough at showing these pond life operators for the real vultures that they collectively are.

The sad thing that was all too clear from the programme was the lack lustre OFT. I had no idea that they were as 'inactive' ( being kind here ) as they are in this area !

What are you feelings about it ??

I think they were way too tame. These DCA's need to be exposed for what they really are.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

Guest alderney1965dk

It was a good program, you are right about the OFT, I have found that they are less than useless especially in my case with Mackenzie Hall. They said they do not deal with individual cases and that Mac Hall were doing things as per the guidelines.

If all debt collection call centre operatives are like this I would love to string them all up, and thats putting it mildly.

Me neither... mind you, I think that's partly down to what I've found out since joining CAG, and my brief stint working at a DCA

I enjoyed it but switched off feeling yet again they'd completely missed the point. 6 months, £30k and two Z1E's and I could do much better myself.:mad:

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Yes, I feel that the follow up will have to go a lot further than this one did !

We must focus a lot more on the OFT, though - they have a duty to act and right quick, but aren't, it seems ?!!

I was left feeling "Is that it" ???

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yes, I feel that the follow up will have to go a lot further than this one did !

We must focus a lot more on the OFT, though - they have a duty to act and right quick, but aren't, it seems ?!!

Your usage of 'we' implies you are connected to 'Hardcash' is this so?

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Well of course you did, did you really expect anything else?

None of Marlin's practices surprised me, and I doubt it surprised anyone who has been a member here for any amount of time. It was all too 'old news' for me and I think dispatches let themselves down somewhat. Marlin were always going to deny any wrongdoing.

And as for 'Mark' (was that the name he used?) - Rest assured he'll be lapping up all the attention at work tomorrow and making the exact same sort of calls to all and sundry, no doubt with pats on the backs from all his bosses.

I hope they make one of these sorts of programmes one day that actually contains some real juicy stuff....Wonder if there are any undercover reporters willing to get a job with Cabot.

Just hate every DCA out there

hiya

my initial thoughts were - im so glad im part of cag and reading up on my rights that i feel better but i felt so sorry for those who out in the country dont know about cag and their full rights

i felt for me it was really intended to be eye opening for those who get to answer their phones, i dont as i have truecall, which i thank every day that at last ive got my sanity back

i thank you all who gave me the advice to never speak with any dca on the phone always in writing, that has helped me

but i think maybe the oft and fsa need to be shaken into dealing with something far better than what they are at the moment

at least i understand totally the word "May" and "with a veiw" beginning of sentences,,,, i shall continue to ignore their silly threats until i get the court papers,,,:smile:

have a fun day laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Well of course you did, did you really expect anything else?

Point taken, I thought there might be something new :rolleyes:

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Toulose, no I am not, but I was considered to be part of the programme. Almost went in for filming on Friday last.

However, I think that the production company will follow up as the producer is looking at further exposes. I would possibly have input at that point.

'Wonder if there are any undercover reporters willing to get a job with Cabot.'

I spoke with the producer about Cabot ( one of my worst offenders along with 1st Credit ). I have so much dirt on Cabot that they could do a programme on this bunch of rats alone !! However, I strongly think that the OFT and regulatory bodies need to be the greatest part of any focus for follow ups.

'my initial thoughts were - im so glad im part of cag and reading up on my rights that i feel better but i felt so sorry for those who out in the country dont know about cag and their full rights'

^ Bump !!

• Haha 1

In a way I think as seasoned Caggers & from our own experiences of these creatures it has risen our expectations a little too high as to what we would have liked this program to have been. To the ordinary 'man in the street' who has little or no knowledge of them the program would have a stronger impact.

Snap.

Lightweight stuff.

Where was the man from the OFT trying to explain why they don't do their job. Why didn't they ask the question themseves if the wouldn't show up.

They said it on the program 'No company has been fined' and just left it.

Same with the 'training issues' excuse when the trainer was in the room and was a part of it.

At best it demonstrated to a lot of people that the DCA threats are just that, threats.

David

Having been around CAG for 4 years or so I think things have started to move with the OFT and will always urge you to complain to them - even if you think it's a waste of time. It's that old saying about the mills of God grind exceeding slow, they grind exceeding small - keep up the pressure and they will have to act.

Also complain to your MP and the consumer minister as they are the ones who will empower the OFT even further. it does look like the Tories have plans for the FSA to be the consumer watchdog with teeth. Whether that really comes off we will have to wait and see but it's a step in the right direction.