Default not removed after 6 years

thomsmyth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I had four defaults 2 from february 2003 and 2 from May 2003. I managed to get a loan to cover these defaults and the 2 in february fell off my account, however the 2 from may fell off the experian but not the equifax.

In fact since settling the accounts in february/march I believe the 2 defaults from may were entered onto my equifax credit file.

I should say as well that my credit report does not say default it just shows a long list of months were i never paid anything too them.(up ontil march 2005)

Anyways, I wrote a letter to both company explaining that they defaulted in may 2003 and therefore they should be removed from my account.

1 Company removed the default no problem though the other said- that the record on my credit file is a factual and true account of how my account was kept.

Sorry if this is confusing but i believed that once a default is registered it is from that date that the 6 years counts from. Where as I believe they are going from the march 2005 date.(should be 2003)

How do I get this information removed from my credit file?

Does anyone have any ideas?or does anyone even understand what I'm talking about? lol

Thanks

Thom

Cheers Clemma,

I did write to them (well I did the online dispute thing) and they said I would need to contact the lender???

Am I right in saying that once it defaults- it is from then that the six years starts not 2 years after?

Cheers

Thom

It is from the date of the default. Go back to the CRA - they have a duty to investigate as it is them who are holding wrong information about you. Contact the Information Commissioner and put a complaint in too.