Ultilty debt/DCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a debt with a utilty company for £250 they have passed it onto Inter-Credit International. On the 10th July I recieved a letter entitled 'formal notice' dated 6th July giving me 72 hours to respond or action will start. OH dear I thought, got the letter a day after the deadline

I have just recieved another letter now entitled 'Notice of Court Action' with the following breakdown;

outstanding balance £250.93

court costs £30.00

Solicitors fees £50.00

Stat. Interest £3.42

Total Claim £334.35

I decided to check on court fees, and £30 is correct if the total claim is less than £300....mine should be £45...I am getting it cheap, unless i am getting the solicitor free, still a bargain.

The usual threat that a CCJ will be registered against the property ( ?) and will affect all future applications for credit

And a threat of an Immediate Warrant of Execution

I thought that the Court would only consider a case if negotiation had failed.....and that if you paid promptly the CCJ didn't go on your record.......any comments people?

CH and I have been paying the utility company off. Ho hum

they can go to court stage at anytime as long as they have informed you and send demands.

but this is most likely a threadt if you have been paying it, doesnlt look good to a judge for a company to take you to court and you have been making reasonable/affordable payments

if it did go to court and get a ccj and paid that within 28 days then no ccj.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

actually i didnt know they were dealing with it until the letter came through the post saying they were....there was no letter from the utility company saying it had been handed over...which is a naughty and that is the only correspondence i have had with them