Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Step Daughter decided to live with me, what help can I get?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4007 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

To cut a long story short me and my husband have spilt we have 2 children together, I have a daughter and he has residency of his daughter. We claimed tax credits as a couple with 4 children but I now need to claim as a single person however, my step daughter has decided she wants to stay in the family home (with me). Her mother and father have agreed (she's 15 so she wants to stay near all her friends and her school). Although I do not have parental responsibility for her can I still claim Tax Credits? Her father claims the child benefit and as she needs to visit her mother 60 miles away each week it was decided that maybe he should keep that to cover the travel expenses.


Can I claim tax credits without claiming child benefit? or do I need to change that too?


HELP I am so confused and I agree (I think it is the best decision) that she can stay but it would help to get some financial assistance for her. (Her Mother and Father do not work so I can not get any help from them).


Any advice would be very much appreciated.



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...