You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

greendollar

Time limits for PPI's

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4003 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Need help with PPI on a Halifax loan the missus took out in Oct 2000,she was told that she wouldn't be approved for the loan unless she took the single premium PPI aswell.She tried to cancel the PPI in Feb 2003 because when she tried to claim after being made redundant they refused to pay-out because she failed to notify them that she'd gone from full-time to part-time hours(Halifax being the only company that failed to honour their insurance).Apart from the original loan agreement she has nothing in writing as she only spoke on the phone or visited the local branch.

How does she prove it was mis-sold to her and has the time limit to claim expired bearing in mind that she is still paying off the debt to a DCA.

Any help would be very much appreciated.:eek:

I'm in the same situation- I have a PPI on a loan that has been paid off.

I would also like to know if anyone has been able to claim PPI from a date before the regulations were tightened up.

Hi greendollar:)

If you pop over to the PPI forum and have a read of the stickies at the top of the page there is a great deal of information there concerning ways to determine if the PPI was mis-sold in the first place. The fact that you were told that loan approval was conditional on taking out the 'optional' PPI is a good start!

It would be a good idea to start a new thread in that forum - roofovermyhead too - if you haven't already as there are some very experienced PPI peeps there who can guide you through the process such as alanalana and Pompeyfaith!

If you have read of posts by alanalana, he has had success with PPI on loans dating back to 1998 and is incredibly knowledgeable on the subject of PPI. Pompeyfaith is a whizz at PPI spreadsheets showing the interest you can claim.

I am currently in the process of claiming back PPI sold to me when I was a housewife and as a condition of approval for the loan. The bank in question (LTSB) has refused to uphold my complaint so I have now passed it to the FOS, who are terribly busy at the moment but do appear to be upholding a high percentage of mis-sold PPI claims. One of my claims dates back to 2000 and although LTSB have tried to use the excuse that they cannot investigate because of the age of the loan (repaid in 2002), the FOS has confirmed by telephone that the date of the loan/PPI is irrelevant - it is whether it was mis-sold and when you discovered this that counts.

If you haven't already got all the information regarding payments made on the PPI, it would be a good idea to send off for a Subject Access Request which will provide you with all the information the bank has on you (the subject).

Hope this helps. If you need any further info I'm sure someone more experienced will be able to help - just shout!

Regards,

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI

M&S Money (closed) Card PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Direct Line (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI + 8%

Debenhams Card (closed) PPI - Refunded inc 8%

Swift Mortgage Charges -Refunded

Hitachi Finance (closed) Charges - Refunded

Thanks Landy. This is so good when you start reclaimimg. Have just won first PPI claim ( straightforward: no date issues, clear case) and it is worth the hassle.