Hi , received reply from Moorcroft for Halifax credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,sent CCA off for Moorcroft for Halifax Credit Card .

I have not made a payment on this account since December 2007 ,when i lost my job, kept getting phone calls from halifax ,saying i had to pay.

One morning received call from them, i asked if i could pay £20 a month, even though minimum payment was £78.00, he said "no he would not except it" ,also he asked me, "why i did not have a job? ", to which i replied ," the company had gone into liqidation", his answer to this was "that it was not that hard to get a job and i should start looking", to which i replied "bo^**ks and hung up.

I vowed that i would pay those idiots another penny,and now after all this time i have received this from (Moorcroft inbreds ), but would Halifax have a copy of this call on file,as it was them and not a DCA that called me,and told me to get a job ?

I had previously received a letter from Wescot re: this account ,to which i sent CCA letter ,received reply that they no longer had account and had been given back to creditor,many thanks.Steve

Moorcroft halifax account.pdf

Edited by littlefatbudha

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and you can duly file it with the others until they duly supply something thats relevant

duly yours

Ida x

• Haha 1

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Forgive me, but:

As no court action has yet been initiated, is this not a request under the DPA (basically a SAR) and therefore liable to a £10 charge? :)

If we'd have sent this to them, without court papers being issued, then it would come under the DPA & a charge...

What about a letter telling them you cannot fulfil their request until proper payment has been recieved :)

• 4 weeks later...

that look similar to a online agreement but without the tick box for your sig.

is this the copy that you have? not that they sent you?

and it was deffinatley over the phone?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

what you have is not enforceable as it doesn't have your signature.

Ida x

Thanks, well if they have it they could of taken me to court by now, it has been through to two DCA's and still no court letters, this is nearly two years without paying a penny to them.

Also if the default notice ,that they apparentally sent was to contain, unlawful charges such as late payment etc, would the default still be valid.

Hi Babydoll, this was apparentally defaulted 8/2008 although, i dont recall receiving default notice, i have not paid them since 2007, but will be sending SAR to them as the default has charges included in it, to which i have been told it should not,which in that case would invalidate default notice.

Steve !

Hi all,

Have just received CCA from Moorcroft this morning, could somebody have a look over it for me, to see it is enforceable, i have notice that nobody from Halifax has signed Agreement.

Also if it is enforceable, should i send SAR to Halifax ,as i feel the default is incorrect as it has Charges included, and secondally i do not recall receiving one in the post.

What would you suggest guys, i do not want to pay Moorcroft a penny !!!!

moorcroft_0001.jpg

moorcroft_0002.jpg

moorcroft_0003.jpg

Edited by littlefatbudha

Hi guys, i am sorry to but in , but would somebody give me some advise regarding an agreement Moorcroft have sent me, a Halifax CCA, would somebody have a quick look, many thanks.Steve

Hi Steve,

No problem in butting...only united will kick them out for good...

I am sure I would receive the same response from them in my next move but I do not enter into any details with Moorcroft as while Halifax did not reply to my request yet (CCA), well over 5 months now and they are sneaking in just to kick you around when they should not as it is part of enforcement, I would not even bother too much...but it all depends of you situation.:confused:

I am sure that some others will jump in to rescue.:cool:

If I find out anything I should be letting you know as I am a step behind,... but will not let these ones as Moorcroft to step too much in.

I am ready for action if they go to court....which I do not think is the case ...again dep. on the situation...

Keep the faith,

DD:cool:

Edited by slick132

Hi guys, i am sorry to but in , but would somebody give me some advise regarding an agreement Moorcroft have sent me, a Halifax CCA, would somebody have a quick look, many thanks.Steve

Hi Steve again,

If you have your own thread then I am sure someone will be able to answer you stright away.

I have looked again (but I am not experienced) and it does say on the second page with a ticked box...turn back to the page 3 of the agreement...

Do you have the agreement??? Any links to the pages???

How did you manage to ask them to disclose the documents??? Did you CCA-ed Halifax and they did not respond or responded with the application form only??

Send the link to your thread please and the answers will be there...as I said I am not the best but I try to help as much as I know.:-)

DD

Edited by slick132