Westcot / Playboy TV

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently received a letter from Westcot acting on behalf of Playboy TV for £19.99. Might not sound a lot but I know nothing about it and has nothing to do with me! Gave them a call, they said it was in relation to a property at XXXXX. I advised I moved out on XXXX 2007 and it had nothing to do with me.

They said that the Sky account had been in my name, they're putting the account on hold and looking into it. I can't find a way of contacting Playboy TV by phone [the number Sky gave me is just engaged] and upon contacting Sky they said the account was closed in March 2008 - this was incorrect as I closed it during 2007 but they didn't close it and kept it open in my name even when they were instructed otherwise [they've advised they stopped the DD but payments were made on a card not in my name and nothing to do with me].

What do I do from here? I presume the first step is to formally write to Westcot advising them this has nothing to do with me. They said they've written to me at my current address as they've contacted Experian and they have it down as a possible forwarding address, but that they "confirm Westcot has not registered any debt against your name or the above address in respect of this matter."

What do I do going forward?

Wait for them to investigate it. Seems sky have substantiated the fact that someone else was paying your account. Wescot wont be chasing too hard for £19.99. If you send them a prove it letter they usually run away...;)

The Grand essentials of happiness are: something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

complain to trading standards, Wescot have no right to be pursuing you for a debt that even sky acknowledge isn't yours, keep an eye on your credit file, if they place a default against it, look into a claim for defamation

Complain to OFT directly also, it'll go against westsnot in the future. Its a breach of OFT guidelines to chase someone for payment when they are clearly not the debtor.

S.