New to this site...advice needed please!

Dan79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,im new to this site and would really appreciate some advice.

Ok...im a single mother of 3 children and have been on benefits for 7 months after losing my job.

Anyway this morning i was checking my halifax online banking account only to find that they had taken £70 worth of charges out due to me going £3.49 & £6 overdrawn...they are also taking a further £28 next week.

I didnt know what to do as they have left me with not even enough money to do the weekly shop and pay my rent...let alone all my other weekly bills....to top it off its my daughters birthday this week and have now got to cancel her party and cannot afford to pay the rest of her present that id paid a deposit on

I went straight to the bank to ask for a refund and was turned down flat...i phoned the complaints department and the woman i spoke to was awful...she left me feeling like like dirt!

Anyway i told the woman that i was taking it further and will also make a claim for all my other bank charges in the past.....the truth is i dont know where to start!

Any advice would be more than welcome....sorry to moan on so much,but im so upset at the moment,and really quite angry with The Halifax!

Hi,my benefits went in today...and the £70 had gone straight out,so therefore i have a whole week to wait until i get anymore money! :(

Apologies for the Pantomime but, oh yes you can. Go into the bank and tell them that the money is used to feed your kids and you have the right to appropriate the money to do so. Furthermore, might be worth saying that you are willing to stay in the bank until you get some money since you cannot light or heat your own house and the bank is quite nice and warm. Might even be worth asking them for a drink of water as well ;)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hey i like your thinking :lol: ok that is what i will do as soon as i've done the school run in the morning!

I am not normally one to argue things out and i would normally just walk away and leave it,but they really have angered me today and i really want to take this further...i struggle enough on the small amount of benefits i recieve and dont expect anyone to just dip in and take what they want like that :mad:

Thanks...i will let you know what happens!

A warm CAG Welcome

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2: