Debt collectors hounding woman for sons debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was talking to a woman today and happened to mention the Dispatches Programme tonight on channel 4 Undercover Debt collectors. This poor woman is being driven to distraction by debt collectors phoning, and writing in connection with debts of her sons. Her son no longer lives with her and i believe if she did know where her son lived she would tell them. She has advised all callers that she doesnt know his whereabouts but they still insist on calling and writing . She has taken to opening the mail now because she is afraid that they will attempt to seize her possesions to pay her sons debts. They have threated this , and i told her that there are no Bailifs here in Northern Ireland i told her i would come on here to find out the best way of dealing with this shower of leeches . They wont take her word that he no longer abides at her address and are incessant in their demands for payment. Obviously the first thing is to get the phonecalls stopped and then get them to desist from trying to contact him at her address . Any templates about which would help me draft up letters to give her some peace of mind ?

what she should do is just return the mail unopened and state not at this address, then they cant do a damn thing

if you look in the wiki area you will find a phone harrassment letter to send

Harassment by telephone

Account Number: XXXXXXX

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded. (**Even if you don‘t yet have recording equipment!!**)

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

also if the debts are not hers they cant make her pay, tell them to fcuk off

Tell her to add in that she will be charging them £20 per letter and £10 for every phone call she has to answer if she has to tell them again that her son does not live with her and she does not know where he is. They will soon stop calling.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

If the clowns don't take the hint, then report them to the PSNI for harassment, but I feel they will look at it in a different light and you will be pleasantly surprised by their actions:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Please take note that this will be my first and only time of writing to you. Please find enclosed your letter addressed to my son which i have opened in order to contact you . I have stipulated before that sid blah blah does not reside at this address , nor can i help you in supplying you with an address for him .

I have duly noted the name and address of your company and any future mail will be posted along with a copy of this letter in order to substantiate a complaint to the Office of Fair Trading in regards to your continued harassment

Furthermore I must also complain in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, despite me informing your agents that my son does not live at this address. These calls are viewed by me as harassment

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded .

Edited by theshuffler

Looks good to me, it should leave them in no doubt that you are aware of your rights;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!