You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

atmywitsendiam

Legal Charge Over Property - Administrative mistake - any advice?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4008 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I had a letter, last year, from Barlcays (Firstplus secured loan taken out by nearly-ex-husband) the letter said that when the secured loan was taken out we signed a legal charge granting Barclays a charge over our property, however due to 'administrative issues' at their end they'd not been able to register their charge at Land Registry - would we be so kind as to complete the enclosed mortgage authority form with full details and return to them so they can 'process it for us'. And in return for our co-operation they'd give us £50 M&S vouchers (?!).

Anyway we didn't sign and return it. When it came to trying to work out how to get out of the combined mortgage mess, we checked the land registry and it appears that they do have a charge against this property.

Has anyone else encountered this? It sounds dodgy to me, but I don't know quite what to do next.

I'm desperately looking for a way out of this house and any financial association with ex, but ex has appalling credit rating and the house is in negative equity, to the tune of about 118% due to the secured loan so he can't afford to pay his share of the oustanding debt if we sell it. I could afford the repayments on my own but I don't know of any lender that would stump up 120% to remortgage the place.

I want to reclaim the PPI, I've had endless communication problems with Barclays over the loan and was surprised, nay outraged even, when I found out how much the loan was as I'd no idea it was so large.

Just a bit bewildered as to what my next steps should be - I've never taken on the financial organisations before (but am more than ready to now!)

Update: Paid to get my land registry report yesterday. It seems Barclays have miraculously found a way of registering the charge at land registry on 23rd of June 2009 - around about the time I started questioning what's been going with this loan......

You know I'd like to think that the financial institutions are a bunch of you-know-what's merely out to stitch up the public (and largely they are), but the vast majority of the problems that arise on a day to day basis are just compounded by ill-trained, incompetant staffing, inapproriate application of rules and antiquated bug-ridden software