You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

mither

Charge Notice issued by Council

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4007 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, first time worried poster! I, Today have received a Charge Certificate issued by North Tyneside Council. For a Parking Contravention back in 26/03/2008! I appealed this as it was the date I moved into my new house and was not made aware that I would need a temporary permit. The council rejected this and then the fine increased to £60. Then I have heard nothing since that date! Wasn't something else supposed to happen before a charge notice? Now because I've received this letter 1week after it was posted I have less than a week to pay before bailifs are sent or something like that?

What the hell should I do? I hate my Council!

Oh, i've recently moved address do I need to inform them?.

At the time of this contravention, I wasnt the registered keeper of the vehicle if that helps?

Thanks for any help ASAP!

Cheers

Ian

Hi all, first time worried poster! I, Today have received a Charge Certificate issued by North Tyneside Council. For a Parking Contravention back in 26/03/2008! I appealed this as it was the date I moved into my new house and was not made aware that I would need a temporary permit. The council rejected this and then the fine increased to £60. Then I have heard nothing since that date! Wasn't something else supposed to happen before a charge notice? Now because I've received this letter 1week after it was posted I have less than a week to pay before bailifs are sent or something like that?

What the hell should I do? I hate my Council!

Oh, i've recently moved address do I need to inform them?.

At the time of this contravention, I wasnt the registered keeper of the vehicle if that helps?

Thanks for any help ASAP!

Cheers

Ian

Assuming the 'fine increased to £60' meant that they sent you a notice to owner they have followed the correct procedure, I'm not sure what else you expected? Who was the registered keeper, if it wasn't you and the vehicle was not hired you shouldn't be paying the fine.

The registered keeper was a LTD company owened by my father in law. I took ownership in June 2008. Is theer anything I can do? what If I cant afford to pay it? whats happens. plans for payment monthly?

The registered keeper was a LTD company owened by my father in law. I took ownership in June 2008. Is theer anything I can do? what If I cant afford to pay it? whats happens. plans for payment monthly?

Is the company still trading?

Yup

Since I didn't receive the Notice to Owner, can I do anything about this? Ive heard that you can?

Edited by mither

Yup

Since I didn't receive the Notice to Owner, can I do anything about this? Ive heard that you can?

You can complete a statutary declaration that you didn't get a nto and if its accepted then it will revert back to £60.

You can complete a statutary declaration that you didn't get a nto and if its accepted then it will revert back to £60.

How do I go about doing that?

OK I'm going to have to file one of these then. Do the council offer payment plans for this charge or is it a one off fee? What if you cant afford it?

OK I'm going to have to file one of these then. Do the council offer payment plans for this charge or is it a one off fee? What if you cant afford it?

You would have to sell the car or raise the money some other way £60 is not exactly a lot of money compared to the running costs of a car so its unlikely they would accept instalments.

So, if I sell the car, then I am no longer Liable? What If I buy a new car? Does it transfer over?

So, if I sell the car, then I am no longer Liable? What If I buy a new car? Does it transfer over?

I meant sell the car and pay the fine out of the proceeds, you are still liable for the fine. It may sound drastic but if you don't take action the baliffs will take the car anyway and it will cost you alot more than £100.