Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4145 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have recently experienced lots of stress at work. Even during my 12 days holiday, i felt under stress and could not relax well. This is probably because my assistant manager is giveing me hard time at work. I have over 3.5 years service at my job.

I feel victimised and feels harrassed now and then. I am very laid back and easy going person and have yet to file a complain to my manager who is also his manager cause we work in same dept. I am not the only officer who he has problems with, his attitude is not right and shouts a lot, is suspicious of our work we don't do enough or cannot be reasonable with us officers as other assistant security officers have been to us.

What are my rights and what step should i take forward. I feel this guy is targeting me and would rather have me out of this job, he even threatened to take me to HR over a trivial issue. Somebody complain about me who is close to him and i wander if that was a set up to get him to file a complain about me that lacks any evidence anyway.

I thought about making an appointment with my GP to discuss stress at work so that i can if i have to prove to my manager can prove stress and my health getting affected. Is this advisable.

Any response much appreciated in how to takle this predicament and actions i can take to protect me from this man and my job.

Log everything.....dates/times/what was said and by who.Also make a complaint to your manager and try to get the issue resolved and explain what effect it is having on you,just make sure you keep a record of everything that happens to you.

Some people don't have the confidence to do things like confront management and submit grievances. Some people are worried they could lose their job, and come on this site for help and advice, and encouragement to face whatever problem they are facing.

If you have nothing constructive to say, then say nothing at all.

Edited by maroondevo52
Removed sentence which included quote from unapproved post