PCN chased up..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

A couple of months ago I received a PCN from PPC for overstaying my welcome at a restaurant car park. At first I was panicky as it was more than I could afford at the time but upon trawling through these forums I felt a lot better about it. I silently took the advice to ignore the ticket until I was contacted.

My Mum has now been contacted by this company with a demand for a higher amount - it is her car that I was borrowing for a couple of days and I live in a different city. It has not been passed on to any debt collector at the moment, but she says that the letter suggests that this may happen.

So, I am in two minds at this stage. I have been trawling for information again and half of what I read suggests continuing to ignore the letters until I receive one from a debt collection agency, and at this point assert that the amount is in in dispute. The other half suggest writing the template letters back that are detailed in the sticky on this forum, however I am reluctant to do that as I feel it just draws me into a battle with the PPC, and without any legal experience I don't really want to do that. This particular company seems to be right up for a fight as well...

I would be very grateful if someone could give me a little advice or assurance on this matter. I understand from what I have read that there are a lot of lurkers on here so if you would prefer to PM then that would be great!

Thanks a lot in advance for any help...it is much appreciated! Everyone is doing a fantastic job on this forum. :)

Thanks for the reply - my Mum is OK with it actually, she says she is going to trust me on this one! Hehe..

Thanks for the advice, I will ignore it until the debt collection stage. I have just heard a lot about this particular company going after people pretty hard so I just needed my nerves calmed!

Registered Keeper not driving and they are pursuing the RK. PPC is knackered. Maintain silence at all costs and do not post any details of dates, times or location etc. on the board or in any PMs to anyone. Point mum here if she wants or needs assistance.

I will ignore it until the debt collection stage.

Those letters come from the monkey behind the next desk.

If you're very lucky, the office cleaner may send you a "solicitor's" letter!

ignore!

IGNORE!

IGNORE!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Thanks for the advice guys. I am quite happy to ignore this for now, as is my Mum. The only thing that now concerns me is that she receives a call from a debt collector once it gets to that stage. What do you recommend at this point? That can't be ignored!

Thanks for the advice guys. I am quite happy to ignore this for now, as is my Mum. The only thing that now concerns me is that she receives a call from a debt collector once it gets to that stage. What do you recommend at this point? That can't be ignored!

Hi normal process 2 letters from PPC then 2 letters from DCA (next desk) then 2 letters from solicitor (next desk but one) each letter getting even more desperate/demanding.

Same advice as before ignore 6 times.

dpick

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I have now received my final demand from Daniels Silverman for £175 saying that they will be taking my Mum to court if we don't pay in 7 days. Now, I know that everyone always just says 'ignore' but could we be frank here please - I am worried about this biting us and this PPC has a history of taking people to court. I don't really want to have my Mum dragged along to court for something as stupid as this - by ignoring everything sent to us so far have we lost any potential case anyway?

Any advice / reassurance would be great. :)

Silverman won't be taking any court action at all, on the off chance that any court action were taken.

by ignoring everything sent to us so far have we lost any potential case anyway?
Firstly, the claim is against your mother. Not you. Your mother is being invoiced for something that has nothing to do with her.

If I were to claim that your mother owed me £100 for reading this post, you would ignore me. So should your mother be ignoring these letters.

Your mother should also note that she has absolutely no obligation whatsoever, lawfully or morallt, to respond to anything these odious mugs have to say.

Firstly, the claim is against your mother. Not you. Your mother is being invoiced for something that has nothing to do with her.

Thanks for the response. I do agree with what you're saying, however I'm interested in how it would stand up in court if my Mum was to say "I have no idea who was driving the car so I ignored the ticket, and subsequent debt collectors letters"?

If anyone else has any input I would greatly appreciate it!

It would be better to stick to the facts rather than offer too much information. Such As Mum (or anyone else in this situation where the RK was not driving the vehicle and has suffered a bogus claim) should say something along the lines of "I was not driving the car and this is a contract issue between the driver and the claimant that has nothing to do with me." If asked who was driving the car by either the judge or the claimant a simple "I was not there so cannot give testimony on that fact. Also the claim is made against me so any third party whosoever they may have been is irrelevant to the facts behind the claim. On that basis I ask for the claim to be dismissed and my costs awarded." As the PPCs watch these forums closely they already know that they have no chance in this instance. Don't forget that PPCs bully and lie.

Stop worrying NP. These clowns wont go to court. End of. Write to the restaurant owners and complain to them. Why would a restaurant employ a company to watch its car park if you were in there to spend £50, £100 or whatever? They want you to go back for another meal, surely? Tell them you were really stressed out by the PPC's demands, you never know, you might get a free meal out of them!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses guys - however, we have now received two more letters within a week of each other...looks like things are getting moved up a notch. My Mum and I would really appreciate your advice at this stage - please remember that it's very easy to say 'ignore' when you're not in this position, so some constructive advice would be great. Thanks!

Letter 2 demanding over £250 and talking about a court summons in Liverpool - we are in Scotland:

silverman2.jpg

Letter 3 threatening a visit:

silverman3.jpg

they can't make calls without a prior appointment that you have agreed to. Desperate times for the [problematic] as more and more people fail to fall for their rubbish. How many of us on here have been through the letters thing ? Plenty :) If you want to settle your mind and close the door on this just get your mum to write a brief letter to these chancers. Along the lines of "Re: Your reference: xxxxxx. I was not driving the vehicle at the time. You must now refer the case back to your client. Any further contact from you on this matter will result in my full use of statutory and or commercial recourse as I see fit. If you still wish to issue court papers then please bring your cheque book on the day". No more, no less.

Thanks for the responses.

they can't make calls without a prior appointment that you have agreed to.

And does the appointment letter that they have sent not qualify as that? There is no option for us to agree to it - I have just been assuming that it is another scare tactic.

So would you recommend making 'first contact' now then? Or just leaving them to keep writing to us. I feel that if somehow it did go to court then have evidence that we wrote to them telling them to desist from contact then we'd have more of a leg to stand on. Is that correct?

Thanks for the responses.

And does the appointment letter that they have sent not qualify as that? There is no option for us to agree to it - I have just been assuming that it is another scare tactic.

So would you recommend making 'first contact' now then? Or just leaving them to keep writing to us. I feel that if somehow it did go to court then have evidence that we wrote to them telling them to desist from contact then we'd have more of a leg to stand on. Is that correct?

The letter they sent did not ask for an appointment they unilaterally declared it. If you want to sent the letter I already posted suggested text for your consideration. Is there something in it that you don't like ?

So, lets see, you have had a final demand threatening court action, a final final demand threatening court action, and now a threat of a visit. Think about it, if they thought they had a case you would have received court papers after the first one. These are just standard tactics to scare you. They will not visit, it is not worth them wasting fuel just to be told to bugger off. Carry on ignoring, I would think you are very near the end now.

'IF' they did take you to court you can get it moved to your local court anyway.

"IF" they take you to court, it's not a case of "you can get it moved to your local court". The court automatically relocates the case to the court nearest to the defendant irrespective of which court the PPC laid the claim through.