You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4011 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone out there has heard of a company called Severn Claims? They called me earlier offering to help me claim back all my PPI's from the last 12 years. All they would charge me was £200, payable up front, or £100 to get the ball rolling. I didn't take them up on it and they don't appear to have a website. Sounded dodgy to me.

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

CCA sent 1st Credit 11th August, reply 15th Aug

Request for repayment Rooftop Mortgages for £1095, reply saying no on 17th Aug.

Still to come: Cap. One, Time retail, HFC Bank.

Sounds extremly dodgy to me.

Sorry to hijack your thread but I have no idea how to start a new one.

Can anyone help???? The missus took out a loan with Halifax in Oct 2000 which was sold to her with a single payment PPI,she was told she couldn't have the loan without the PPI,in Feb 2003 she was made redundant and tried to claim but was told because she didn't notify them of a change in her working hours that they wouldn't pay-out nor would they cancel the PPI,she is still paying the loan off through a DCA.Has the time limit expired or is it still possible to claim back the money paid for the PPI???

there is nothing they can do that u cant do yourselves read the stickys at the top of this forum plenty of advice and template letters there to get u started

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi Everyone,

Just wondered if anyone out there has heard of a company called Severn Claims? They called me earlier offering to help me claim back all my PPI's from the last 12 years. All they would charge me was £200, payable up front, or £100 to get the ball rolling. I didn't take them up on it and they don't appear to have a website. Sounded dodgy to me.

Do not use a claims company.:eek: as Pompeyfaith states there is nothing a claims company can do that you cannot do yourself at no cost other than a few stamps.

There have been several instances of companies taking the money and taking no action and then disappearing off the face of the planet.

You can claim back your own PPI money with the help of CAG and it costs nothing but a bit of your time.

Post up the full details of your PPI issues and you will get support and advice on here.

Start with reading the stickies at the top of the forum. They will help you to decide on the way forward without spending £200.

PPI Successes this is to show you what self help can do

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help and this is to show you how to start.

just post questions and you will get support.

aa

Edited by alanalana
text added

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks, but is the 12 year bit true? I thought it was 6.

A+L S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July. Statements rec'd 01 Sept. Letter requesting repayment of £4,979 sent 18/09 MCOL sent 15th Nov £6389.57. Cheque received £6425.54 4th Dec.:D

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 28th July, promised reply by 28th August. Cheque rec'd £250 31 Aug.:confused: . 2nd letter sent 7 sept for rest of charges to be returned. £243 rec'd 28th Oct:D

CCA sent 1st Credit 11th August, reply 15th Aug

Request for repayment Rooftop Mortgages for £1095, reply saying no on 17th Aug.

Still to come: Cap. One, Time retail, HFC Bank.

If the product was mis-sold there is no time limit you can go back to as far as there are documents held by the organisation.

But you will find that companies will try and limit any claim to 6 years this is simple not true where the 6 year rule does come into play is that you have 6 yrs to claim back but this is from the point you realised you had been mis-sold so that will take you until 2015

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.