CRS Debt Collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My daughter has today been contacted by CRS who tell her she is £600 in debt to a gym and they are acting on the gym's behalf to recover the debt.

However, my daughter cancelled her membership with the gym by phone as she was moving to a different city. She was advised by the gym to fax to them proof of her move - and she did this by faxing her new flat rental agreement showing her change of address. She then cancelled her Direct Debit.

Now, eleven months later, she has been contacted by CRS who are telling her she will be taken to court unless she pays up. They don't seem to pull any punches and have scared her witless.

We have spoken to the Gym who say they can do nothing as they wrote to her 3 times (did it not occur to them that she wasn't getting the letters as she had moved?). They held her email address and mobile number but they didn't try to contact her using either of thoses methods. They say they have no record of her contacting them (surprise - surprise!)

And when we speak to CRS they say there is nothing they can do either - as they have now taken over the debt. So although she has followed the instructions to the letter, she has apparently still to pay. After 11 months, she obviously doesn't still have the fax acknowledgement.

Does anyone ehave any suggestions please as to our next move?

Many thanks

Thanks for your quick answers and the positivity! However, she's already told them she doesn't still have the fax acknowledgment - and when they threatened court - they seemed quite sure they'd win! Help???!!

Edited by christine3m123
addition

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been dealing with these numpties for ages.

Here's what i suggest you do:

1. Send a letter asking if they own the debt and if so is it a credit agreement.

2. Await their response.

3. Come back here once you have a response. Let us know what they have said.

4. DON'T PANICK!!! THEY CAN'T WIN - THEY ARE BLUFFING. All they want is your money.

By the way, this will probably take a long while. I had to wait ages (about 6 weeks!) for any response.

Cheers

DC

Check out my Blog:

http://grandprixfan.wordpress.com

Keep fighting the good fight everyone!

Taking her to court is the last thing they will do, they say this in the hope that it will intimidate people enough into paying up!

I am having a similar problem http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-consumer-issues/201723-new-fitness-first-complaint.html

Tell them that she will not pay anything as she instructed the Gym in good time of her moving address, and moving address is reason enough to cancel gym membership, even if it is within any specified 'minimum period'

They have been sold a lemon, and the account they have is in dispute with the Gym, who have failed to notify her of any debt least of all any notification of assignment (NOA)

Make a complaint to the OFT, using this link;[email protected]. The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!