wil this be the end of free banking as we know it

coldcarpet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6471 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

maybe all this goings on with charges etc etc might bring a end to free banking as we know it??dont get me wrong £30 /£40 for a direct debit returned is crazy and as most debits retry all of a sudden 1 direct debit returning for what ever reason is 80 quid, (weeks food bill) but havent we been railroaded in to having everything paid by direct debit by virtually every high street shop, etc etc whats happened to paying in books, i can see the banks charging a fee for using direct debits, whether successful or not, and even going as far as taking these floor limits off debit cards so no money in the account you cant use the card.(cant go overdrawn then)how do other people in other countries deal with bankin matters as you never hear of thing like this going off

It won't make a difference to free banking as charges are only recovering losses.

Now, if it was a profit they were loosing then they might need to look at making up that profit elsewhere and look at free banking - but as it isn't a profit then there's no need for them to do this!

gbd - very good, its a shame your not the ceo of a large bank !!

I have an office in dubai, we obviously have a bank account, funny thing is there that if you go overdrawn without an arrangement you end up in prison, its a criminal offence to issue cheques without the funds to support them, so a 30 quid fine is the least of your worries.

FWIW the prisions in dubai arent that bad, no worse than those in the uk, and no i havent spent any time at 'anyones pleasure' Ive been around some for professional reasons.

If you dont get arrested at your home or office/you will find you get arrested just before you try to leave the country, i dont believe they impose sharia law on non-mislims so dont worry about not being able to pcik your nose either.

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA