• Tweets

• All Talk Talk Direct debits/standing orders, etc were all cancelled correctly and set up for BT. Talk Talk took the money from my debit card details which they had retained. I have now blocked this too. I just want my money back!
    • On the basis it was a direct debit from the bank. Why did you not use the DD guarantee and insist the bank refunds the money.     
    • Basically i can claim for my excess and loss of earnings as i was self employed and cost for hire of van, solicitors have asked for uninsured losses, if lossess are not included in claim i cant recover them at later date the letter states.  
    • Hi All,   On 26th May this year I called my broadband/phone service provider, Talk Talk, to inform them that I would be leaving them and moving to BT at the end of the month.  My contract with Talk Talk had officially ended back in October 2019 and I was just paying them on a monthly basis for continued service. I was advised that I did not need to do anything, as arrangements would be made on my behalf to keep my existing number etc between Talk Talk and BT.  I began my contract with BT on 1st June.  I cancelled my bank payment arrangements to Talk Talk and set up new ones for BT. I then received a bill from Talk Talk for June's monthly charges, which I ignored as I was no longer a customer, I owed them nothing, and they were not providing me with any kind of service. I then received a second bill from Talk Talk for July's monthly charges. I called Talk Talk to explain their error but they insisted that I was still a customer using their services.  This was despite me proving that I have been a BT customer for the past two months and paying BT for services that Talk Talk are claiming to be theirs. Talk Talk then took £60.39 from my bank account on 2nd August, despite having no authority or consent from me to do so.  I complained to my bank and they explained that utility companies hold on to customers payment details (despite GDPR) and this practice is common.  I have now instructed my bank to refuse any further payments to Talk Talk, by any means!. I phoned Talk Talk to complain and insist they repaid my money immediately as it had been obtained fraudulently and they are not providing any service to me anymore.  The adviser couldn't help much, but promised me a call from a manager later in the week.  The call never materialised. I called Talk Talk myself today, and after nearly four hours of phone calls, being put on hold, transferred, being made promises and making more calls, I have got nowhere. One manager did offer a token £30 payment which I obviously turned down.  I eventually hung up after being put on hold for over 20 minutes during a call lasting over an hour. These people are ignorant at best and impossible to deal with. Please could someone advise me on how to get my £60.39 back from these people?  
    • They can ask you to help them.   The reason for doing this is that the accident was between two private citizens with the Insurance companies covering the risk.  The Insurance company need your assistance to claim directly against the other driver, as the other drivers Insurance are not paying the claim.  Each Insurers pays 50% of the claim costs.     If you don't help the Insurers, I am not sure what they can do about this, as you are no longer a customer of theirs.   Perhaps ask whether they will cover your costs. e.g. time. 
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
lexis200

Everything else is very important...

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4041 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

One of those days.

I really have to:

Clean the fish out before they start using the gravel to write 'clean me' on the inside of the glass

Do a pile of ironing that (no kidding here) comes up to my waist

Collate several months worth of bank correspondence

Reply to several months worth of bank correspondence that I'd missed

Report several banks to ICO/FOS/TS/OFT for various stuff they've done

Work out f+f offer letters that are completely watertight and very very persuasive

Organise the clearance of my late FIL's house

Organise the carpeting of my late FIL's house

Bo**ock BT for setting Westcot and Solicitors on my late FIL for not paying his phone bill after he had died, then not even bothering to offer condolences when OH pointed out what a pile of to**ers they were to ignore all the correspondence we'd sent regarding passing away of FIL.

Make and decorate two cakes for kids teachers for end of term (weds), which seeing as I do it professionally will have to be done properly rather than just slapped together.

So why is it that anything else that doesn't involve doing one of those things has suddenly become very necessary? My bedside cabinet drawer is now spotless, as is the dishwasher filter, and even though I don't actually want to be on the PC I've spent several hours surfing the net for absolutely nothing.

I had such high hopes this morning. Now it's 2.30 and I've pretty much got as far as buying some eggs for the cakes. And I need to pick up the kids in half an hour:rolleyes:

Ho hum, late night tonight and a full day tomorrow I suppose:)

It's not just me is it? Please tell me someone else out there will find any old mundane and pointless thing to do in lieu of getting on with the pressing jobs you should have done last week? Please:)

Time flies like an arrow...

Fruit flies like a banana.

I'm the same and as corny as it sounds, if I spend 30 minutes writing a to do list and putting things in order of importance I tend to do more things. Better yet do a time matrix Time Management. Urgent v important 2

I can sympathise with the fish though. I have 4 tanks running and try to change 25% of the water each week.

Now get offline and do the ironing ;)

“Bankruptcy is a legal proceeding in which you put your money in your pants pocket and give your coat to your creditors” - Joey Adams :D

Hi Going Down

I did exactly as told and got off the computer...to make some fudge:)

I have done the list thing, but when I'm in this sort of mood it just doesn't help:rolleyes: I'm sure tomorrow will be different:D

Lexis exactly chill out"what cant be done today can be done tomorrow" thats my motto and im sticking to it.

On a more serious note, i do know where you are coming from here i have stacks of stuff to do and not have a job would would think there is plenty of time to do it.

But the problem im having at the moment is my pills i take so many of the damm things i get so tired and nod off at midday then before i know it the news at 6 is on lol.

Then like you find myself up all night.

Still sod it' it will all get done eventually.

PF

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thank you pf, I feel much better:)

lexis :D - i can relate to that exactly

i put off all sorts until i absolutely have to deal with them & busy myself doing anything else i can find including sorting out my bedside cabinet drawers!! lol

:DI would get your paperwork sorted out as this will involve your money!

Then clean out the fish before they pass away

Make the kids cakes

then chill

:D:D, glad to hear it pinkduchess :lol:

I have to say I did do a bit of my list. I made chocolates and truffles for the boys teacher's, and a cake for the office staff.

Unfortunately the moment I stepped out of the house this morning the wind caught the cake box and the whole bl**dy lot flew out of my hands.

That's about a tenners worth of ingredients, not to mention the several hours it took me to make and decorate, lying in pieces on the grass outside my front door:mad:

That'll learn me to follow my to-do list:lol:

:DI would get your paperwork sorted out as this will involve your money!

Then clean out the fish before they pass away

Make the kids cakes

then chill

Fish being sorted later as I need to get new filter bits. I think one of them is fashioning a little 'help me' sign out of plants....

Oh, and in addition to everything else that is managing to stop me doing things I need to do, my lovely children decided this morning would be a good time to take out (and leave out) every toy that has small parts so that they could play before school. I can't really see the carpet in my front room anymore, but there are some very pretty Geomag designs strewn about the place:D

;)If your house was tidy then your childerbeasts would be ill.

I know that feeling well..............I have a house guest coming next week and desperately need to clean. After reading this thread I decided I would write a list but as I went to find the one and only pen that I seem to have in this flat bloody ASBO shot off with it and it is currently residing under the bed now ! In the middle at that :mad:

So I take it 'rearrange bedroom to locate only bloody pen' is now top of your non-existent list?:D

My list now includes 'Buy a new saucepan' and 'make a sandwich'

Just burnt my dinner reading this thread...:(:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'Simples.' ;)

Any advice I offer is probably useless but there may be little nuggets of gold in there somewhere......If I have helped in any way, be it with knowledge or by giving your chuckle muscle some exercise please feel free to tip my scales....:-D

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

Its so good to see multitasking is a myth :D