You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

notty123

Connaught Collections CCA Help.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4002 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I sent a CCA request to connaught collections just over 3 weeks ago, i had a letter the day after posting confirming they had recieved my request & were dealing with it, but they also said they may not be able to get the CCA to me within the alloted 12 days.

After 20 days, & no CCA i sent them a account in dispute letter, again i recieved another letter from them stating:

'you have not specified upon which grounds you rely for your notice under s10 of the data protection act & therefore we do not consider this valid, furthermore this is not a valid request as it falls under the exemption in schedule 2 section 2(a) of the act'

Could anyone let me know what this means?

Thanks in advance.

yea, delaying tactics!

no cca = np pay or chase or defaults etc.

y yu no lrisen.

ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thanks, i thought it maybe but wasn't sure :)

yea, delaying tactics!

no cca = np pay or chase or defaults etc.

y yu no lrisen.

ignore them

dx

But they will still chase and register a default as they did with me

well get it removed then.

if you clearly went though the right process & sent the account in dispute as well

they have no leg to stand on.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

How do you get a default removed?

well get it removed then.

if you clearly went though the right process & sent the account in dispute as well

they have no leg to stand on.

dx

Well easier said than done. Without taking them to court I have exhausted all avenues.

They say I owe the money (regardless of wether they can enforce it) and they are entitled to update with the CRA.

Had this with 1st Crud as well.