* My experience*

CharleneUK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, just thought I'd post my experience:

This morning, I receive a letter from Barclays, stating that THEY cleared my account and that I DID NOT pay the £29.52 charge before the account was closed and enclose some computerised nonsense backing this up!!

Now

1. I KNOW I paid it, I remember sending a cheque along with a letter saying I want my account closed

2. If it really was unpaid it would have shown on my credit report right? (maybe not, but whatever)

3. They would have written to me several times in attempt to get the money back!

Well anyway, I check online thank god my statements go back to 2003 and there it is, the cheque cashed AND tracked back my letter that I wrote, saying I'd enclosed a cheque and to cancel my account.

So, I call the lady who wrote to me, and told her that I paid and have proof, and straight away "o.k then, I'll get the £29.52 refunded to you" and that was it!!! They KNEW they were lying! Blooming cheek! and to think, they said they'd give me the 0.48p back as a gesture of goodwill!!

Now my mum and friends believe they can get this money back, can't wait to see what happens!

Good luck all.

i think your story says it all, people are initially sceptical. ive had people tell me this is just an "internet rumour". what happens though is someone you know stands up for their rights and gets their money back, and then they tell people who actually start to believe it and do it too. what we're seeing now is a snowballing from just the few of us who were busy nailing their banks in 2005 to thousands in 2006 which will inevitably turn into millions.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks