Help with applying to the ET

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had an informal grievance hearing which i am not happy with, It took five weeks to complete not including a week before they started and it was a totally sham from begining to end.

However they did uphold two of my accusations but refuse to tell me how they are dealing with them or what they will do to make sure that they never happen again.

I lodged a formal grievance and it will now be held this week.

Due to the company taking five weeks to conduct the informal and not being able to start the formal for four weeks due to holidays i do not think that the process will be complete prior to the 90 day disbarment from applying to the ET.

The date of the last incident was the 15th of May.

My union has advised me that i cannot apply to the ET if i am still employed by the company.

The company have brought in an outside HR consultant to help with the formal as i have complained about the companies HR departments handling of the informal.

can anyone help me with the timeframes and what i should do?

Time limits

In most cases you must make an Employment Tribunal application within three months of the date when the matter you are complaining about happened. This time limit can vary. If your application is received after three months, the Employment Tribunal will usually not accept it. In very exceptional circumstance Employment Tribunals can extend this time limit.

You can check the time limit for your case by calling the Employment Tribunal helpline on 08457 959 775.

^^^ From the directgov website.