Parking ticket dilema

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

In June my daughter in law parked in our nearby town.

She collected a ticket from the machine, put it on her car and went shopping.

When she returned she had a Penalty Charge Notice attached to her windscreen. She was bemused as she still had 15 mins left on the ticket. She decided to take a photo of her parking ticket and the sign above where she parked.

She recieved a letter saying that she had parked in a 'Permit Holders Only' part of the road. However, she sent her pictures off to them explaining that in fact she was within the correct parking space.

She has now recieved a Nto saying that if she does not pay within 14 days they will forget the £25 discount and charge her full amount.

She has proof she was in the correct parking place. The only evidence they have is a sign they have photo for which could ahve been taken way down the road, as her car is not in the picture.

What can she do now????

This is strange as by the time the NTO is issued the discount is long gone.

Is this a LA issued ticket?

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Hi,

In June my daughter in law parked in our nearby town.

She collected a ticket from the machine, put it on her car and went shopping.

When she returned she had a Penalty Charge Notice attached to her windscreen. She was bemused as she still had 15 mins left on the ticket. She decided to take a photo of her parking ticket and the sign above where she parked.

She recieved a letter saying that she had parked in a 'Permit Holders Only' part of the road. However, she sent her pictures off to them explaining that in fact she was within the correct parking space.

She has now recieved a Nto saying that if she does not pay within 14 days they will forget the £25 discount and charge her full amount.

She has proof she was in the correct parking place. The only evidence they have is a sign they have photo for which could ahve been taken way down the road, as her car is not in the picture.

What can she do now????

Are you saying they only have one photo and that is of the sign, it would be a bit odd if they did? Request all photos taken at the time to see if they show the location.

This is strange as by the time the NTO is issued the discount is long gone.

Is this a LA issued ticket?

This could well be the case...................

I am writing for my daughter in law and got confused with which way around the letters arrived

It is a Parkwise ticket

Are you saying they only have one photo and that is of the sign, it would be a bit odd if they did? Request all photos taken at the time to see if they show the location.

What I am saying is that the only photo they have sent with the letter is just the sign................could be any sign, anywhere.

I will advise her to ask for ALL photos

Thank yo

What I am saying is that the only photo they have sent with the letter is just the sign................could be any sign, anywhere.

I will advise her to ask for ALL photos

Thank yo

Even if its not a wide angle a shot, a pic of the car with the PCN on may identify its location by whats in the background. I would try and post all pics including the drivers and the PCN so we can check them for possible errors.

Even if its not a wide angle a shot, a pic of the car with the PCN on may identify its location by whats in the background. I would try and post all pics including the drivers and the PCN so we can check them for possible errors.

Thank you....................

When they return their pics I will post all of them plus my daughter in laws.

Her pics clearly show the spot her car was in and there is no evidence of the sign they sent.

Thank you....................

When they return their pics I will post all of them plus my daughter in laws.

Her pics clearly show the spot her car was in and there is no evidence of the sign they sent.

Whilst I don't doubt her honesty a less honest person could move the car after the PCN is issued and take photos of the car parked legally, so whilst they are helpful they are not a 100% proof so anything else would help.

what is a parkwise ticket?

are you sure this is a penalty Charge Notice & not a PPC? [invoice]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whilst I don't doubt her honesty a less honest person could move the car after the PCN is issued and take photos of the car parked legally, so whilst they are helpful they are not a 100% proof so anything else would help.

Point taken.......................

I ahve passed all info over to her now.

Will keep you informed as to what happens.