Aqua Credit Card

echowitch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My wife has an Aqua Credit Card that was in a payment plan and over its limit. She wasn't able to maintain the payments for 2 months and incurred arrears of just under £100. I chased getting her penalty charges back on to the card which they were and its pushed her account both under the limit, and paid off the arrears that Aqua claim. We have tried to argue that the repayment of the penalty charges should be counted towards the arrears but they just closed her account and claim that a Default Notice has been sent to her. (None has been received and I know as I handle ALL the credit card stuff in the house.)

Can we argue that the penalty charges paid off the arrears or not ?? She did request that they do so. Her limit is £1000.00, and her current balance is £864.27 and they claim that there is £93.73 in arrears. (They refunded £424 worth of penalty charges)

Capital One - Took them to court and they settled for the full £998

Aqua - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £424

Barclaycard - Threatened legal action, they refunded the whole £636

RBS/Universa - 1st letter sent, settled for £132

Virgin Media - 1st Judge great....second Judge couldn't even be bothered to read the case details

Anyone know if we can claim harrassment ? Aqua keep repeatedly ringing the wife, (it used to be that they would ring 6 or more times a day but they have stopped ringing so often but it can occasionally get up to 4 times a day.)

Is it reasonable to expect them to accept the repaid penalty charges as paying off the arrears ?? Especially as her payment plan was £10 a month so we are a little confused as to were they get £93.73 from, which when she rang them yesterday had jumped to around £120 then £250

Virgin Media - 1st Judge great....second Judge couldn't even be bothered to read the case details

all a bit confusing to me.

but i would expect the arrears to now not be being chased.

have you CCA'ed these jokers yet?

p'haps fire off the telephone harrassment letter too?

though i'd now stop phoning them yourself as well, they never tell the truth on the phone.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

aqua are a total iknighmare to deal with

nobody has a clue about your account

after 8 months of fighting these jokers, i go account history and default removed from credit file.

aqua or should i say hbos are very lax at keeping copies of agreements, and if yours was a flyer,

send a cca request asap

you might be in for a pleasent surprise

We requested a copy of the CCA over the phone when the payment plan was arranged, but Im in the process of writing them a formal letter requesting it and will be getting the £1 postal order.

Aqua imho have to be the worst company we've had to deal with, but then unfortunately when your wife isn't a UK national and isn't on the electoral roll your credit choices are slim. She's now been here long enough to get better credit cards thankfully.

At least thanks to these forums we are now finally getting all the [email protected] thats been dumped on us sorted :)

Universa is next on my hit list lol