• Tweets

• dear simple simon. with ref claim xxxxxx on xxxx date you sent me proof of the signs at the time of you issuing the parking charge notices listed in your particulars of claim of the above court claim    these signs are not in the name of the claimant stated on the claimform ref above....   should you wish to continue with the said claim , i give notice this file will form part of my evidence should you wish to proceed and waste court time.   just musing
    • Applications for Summary Judgment are not awarded on who did or didn't do what......they cant get a default judgment on either as you have submitted a defence...they could get Summary Judgment.   Summary judgment is only awarded in the follow circumstances...   ·        A claim or issue or a defence to a claim or issue has no real prospect of success and ·        There is no other compelling reason for a trial. (CPR 24.2)   Summary judgment a Quick guide.docx
    • What I’ve read elsewhere (and from being in touch with someone who has won using the above argument - but who also notes that others have lost using the same argument- it seems to be dependent upon the court/judge) is that it is possible to win BUT I’m not entirely certain if it holds actual legal weight.    @dx100uk write a letter you say? To DBL or VCS?   something like this??;   I am writing in respect to the above noted County Court Claim issued by your legal team in connection to three separate Parking Charge Notices (PCNs) issued to vehicle registration mark XXXXXX. I was the named keeper of the vehicle at the time of the PCN issue but do not claim liability.   I wish you to note the following; whilst you may ‘think’ that you have adequate grounds to make this claim, the simple facts are that you have absolutely no right (in law??) and the evidence I have uncovered as a direct result of your claim, along with the evidence and wording contained in the communications you sent to me (dated XX August 2017) irrefutably show that you (Vehicle Control Services) have absolutely no claim in law.   Please be aware that should continue to pursue this claim not only will you incur your own costs but also costs that I will be claiming against you for bringing this unfounded and malicious claim which bears no legal weight whatsoever and is in breach of the IPC Code of Conduct (Versions 5 and 6).  Subsequently, I will be reporting you to the ICO for improper use of KADOE and to the IPC for breach of the Code of Conduct.   Yours faithfully,     Scans coming later.... 
    • Always looking for plan b -    the defence is short and poor and not laid out in the correct format - because I didn’t do it    but the points are the same just brief ,    would they have tried for summary judgement if I laid out a bigger defence - yes , they already put on allocation they would apply for one ☝️ n both claims -    they didn’t on claim one as I had a long defence , they did on claim 2 as defence small So did what they said they would do  -    they effectively want my defence struck out , to get a judgement by default , as there chances of winning in court are slim    maybe I include photocopy of that form and say they always were going to apply for this, they did not get to this point by my poor defence , I don’t have to bear their costs 
    • By appeal you mean set a side...the application fee would be £255 with a hearing (unless your exempt from fees )so you need to ask yourself ....would it be worthwhile..or better use the fee to pay off the judgment before its registered ?    The court wont accept your mistake and show any leniency.   Lesson learned for the future...19 days to AOS and a further 14 days to submit a defence = 33 days in total.    Sorry    Andy
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2745 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

They have been sending agents to our doors begging ppl to take out loans with them. That is deffo not a request for a visit.

Can't wait, I'll have a bucket of "water" waiting in the hallway just in case!

My advice is given based on personal experience and any useful information I've picked up over the years. Always seek professional advice if there's any doubt.

<Please feel free to click on the star if you think I've been helpful

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A full gosunda is much better. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

On a more serious note - doorstep calls can be embarrassing, intimidating and just plain scary. The proper way to deal with these is availsble via this site on the following link:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/591-dca-home-visit-if-you-receive-or-are-threatened-with-a-doorstep-visit-

Just print off a few copies of the letter and post through the letterbox as adviced. Then time how fast they retreat at the threat of police attendance.

• Haha 1

Been a long while since any one tried it, but I'm saving a copy of that letter just in the rare event that they do

My advice is given based on personal experience and any useful information I've picked up over the years. Always seek professional advice if there's any doubt.

On a more serious note - doorstep calls can be embarrassing, intimidating and just plain scary. The proper way to deal with these is availsble via this site on the following link:

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/591-dca-home-visit-if-you-receive-or-are-threatened-with-a-doorstep-visit-

Just print off a few copies of the letter and post through the letterbox as adviced. Then time how fast they retreat at the threat of police attendance.

Your post sums up just how i felt when the agent called on me,although i stood my ground i got quite nervous and felt terrible,i was shaking as i spoke to him,i was also worried the neighbours would over hear, i'll print some copies off the template,just in case.

Thank you for the link.

The letter, is as a direct result of sending them the bog off and no Doorstepping letters and a letter to the OFT.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

Provident and wescott obviously thought people would just pay up when confronted on their doorstep.

And not fight back.

well done,i like the grovelling apology and they closed the file.

Just shows what power we have over them when we stand our ground.

They knew they were overstepping the mark.

Congrats! David slew Goliath once more.

Would recommend reporting this post to a mod and asking they change the title of the thread to 'Provident doorstep collecting - Won'. This would make it easier for other people in the same situation to find out how to get rid of them.

then another doorstop collection bog off letter would be good then.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

sillygirl1,

Is that a hand or a foot in the mouth of your avatar??:rolleyes:

I don't think you are really getting into the signifigance of the thread. Some of us are fairly savvy as to how to deal with **** bag dcas.;):p

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

my daughter left home and the county ,owing provi, they have tried their hardest to get money out of me !!!! :x but after some choice words and a nice bit of law thrown in .... not even the local agent will speak to me now, and i see her nearly every day at our local shops!!:lol:

sorry forgot to add , that provi sent it to moorcroft!

What a lovely surprise :rolleyes:

dont u even get a courtey hello or excuse me.

My last agent is that polite to me i get a move when i am in her way. On well not my fault she refused to turn up countless times.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 1 month later...

a provident agent stated that agents were now required to get payment of old debt from current provi customers, whose details they received from dca's including I believe - moorcroft?? that the debts were in some cases 10 years old but agents were asking customers to pay them along with their own loan from provi.

I think this is outrageous intimidation practices, leading customers to think that they will lose the facility already in place as this could be implied and not advising them that the loans are stature barred etc and they need to show a valid agreement as well. some customers are furious, rightly so, and isnt provident yes loans? so no surprise if the tactics match up.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

doorstep lending weekly collections - if a customer wants to pay by anothe method or monthly??

is it part of the agreement, i.e in the agreement that payments are weekly on doorstep?

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

i took out a provi loan a few years back and used to pay it to my mother in law the she would give it to her agent but unfortunately have been so skint over the last 6 months i have not been able to pay they offered me this deal of 0% so i aggread and told them to get the agent to start calling at my address but low and behold i have waited nearly 4 months for an agent to come and get my weekly payments but no one has turned up i am in all day every day waiting for them but they dont come now they have started sending solicitors letters asking how much we earn and how much we pay out (they know what they can do with that)...but how do they expect ppl to pay it when no agent comes to collect or am i missing something here and they have a new telepathic way of paying???

and they will be marking credit file an unpaid....

yes,they ask if you want to 'renew' when you get into difficulty, pay off the arrears on the previous loan and start all over again, of course, racking up much more lenghty cycle of debt to them

Provident Financial - Annual Report 2008 - Business review - General & specific risks to our business

agents stay up to date with customers circumstances blah blah blah

lets face it tactics such as waiting outside your home in the car and grabbing you and going to the cashpoint with you, asking you to pay in the street, saying I know your car, asking you to leave the money with a friend or relative, does this accurately describe the power position agents use to get payments!!??

£400 loan, tcc £284, is this extortionate, so nearly £300 pound added, so repay almost £700.

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2745 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you