Provident Collecting??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest blackie

Used this company and would never touch them again. First collector was absolutely great. Second collector could not even add up or take away. Got stroppy if I was out when she called, recently had a huge row and told her to do one. I know who in our area has Provident loans, who hides behind curtains and who pretends not to be in. All through my agent she was always willing to tell me what everyone was up to. I am so mad with Provident I have actually made a complaint to their head office and intend making a full and final settlement letter to get rid of them, I don't intend paying the interest they would have charged me. Anyone any ideas of what I should offer in interest rate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick update on my situation. After writing to the provident head office about the debt they were claiming was passed from wescott they responded a few times (long delays) saying my complaint was being investigated, sorry for the delay and then claimed not to know what accounts I was talking about. If i didnt respond to them within a month my "complaint" would be closed... then "magically" Westcott wrote saying that through some recent investigation they had re-confirmed where I lived etc and demanded payment on an amount they felt was outstanding. (Its not, but even if it was, it is past the statute barred period). Shortly after this I received a nicer letter from Wescott saying they would love to help me come to some sort of deal.

So the next step will be me writing to them, just wanted to update on the dodgy practices going on here. The denial from Provident is classic, especially when followed by the letter from W basically proving P had called.

Edited by uiop

hello everyone, bear with me i'm new to this. in short a few years ago i am ashamed to say i worked for provident, but unlike the rest of the agents i got on really well with all of my customers and never overloaded them with debt or hassled them in anyway. i left because i didn't like their methods, but on the plus side many of my old customers are good friends who i keep in touch with and help them out with any problems they have with provident, so to get to the point, if i can be any help to anyone, it would be great pleasure to cause as much s**t with provident as possible. also i'd like to say you guys are doing a fantastic x x

Divadog please do not think you are the only agent who gets on really well with their customers and doesnt overload them etc. I was an agent and im still in touch with lots of my old customers too and I have lots of friends who are agents who work the same way I did and do not just dish the money out left right and centre. It saddens me to see yet again people put agents into one group and assume they are all just money grabbing people taking advantage of everyone they can. It saddens me even more to read that an ex agents is saying this.

longroad i appoligise if this has offended you, i am not referring to every agent who is or has worked for provident, just the ones in my old office who i know for certain are exactly like what i have stated. i have never or never will put people into one group,i am only speaking from my own experiences of the agents i knew, i am not saying we are all tarred with the same brush. i only joined this site to help people if i could, not start a war. once again my apoligies

• 1 year later...
It seems Provident loan company have jumped on the DCA collection band waggon.

I recieved a letter today informing me that Wescott had passed my details to them for an old debt (nearly statute barred).

They are offering me a loan to clear the debt,and the letter states they are sending one of their friendly agents to my door in the near future,to discuss repayment of the alleged debt.

The scheme is called fresh start.

The offer includes 0% APR and a 10% discount.

Has anyone else heard of this or received this letter?

Can i send the harassment letter,i have no intention of taking a loan with these people,but i don't want to ring them.

there are bang out order! I was sent a letter saying that my mum owed 1 pence and as she hadnt replyed to there letters the had charged her over 500 pounds the thing is that she never owned the 1p debt and never got any letter from them we had to take it to court in the end and won provident as evil and pick on the poor thank u

• 1 year later...

Freshstart is what it says gives u a chance to pay off your debt at a reduced rate ,the thinking behind it is they dont actually want to lose your custom ,after several payments you will even be offered another

loan ,some people take them and the whole knocking process starts again ,crazy really ...

obviously you have no intention of paying your loan and probably never had ,the interest they charge is brutal but when u think of the attitude of some of the people that take loans with them ,hardly surprising

the company have been going years ,many years ago the interest was high but nothing like it is now ,about the only company you can make a payment you want to pay if you do run into difficulty ,the agent

who called was just that an agent ,he would have got a small commision for resigning you and then called to take the payment ,you should have informed him you have no interest in paying anything ... they

wont call again after that ..

never ever sign up or the freshstart loan ..simples

thread closed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks