Provident Collecting??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can I ask which company did Wescot buy the debt from?

And how close is it to being statute barred?

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was almost going to say it was a Provident deal picked up by Wescot, but from what bsj is saying, it's something totally different.

I'm beginning to wonder if one owns the other... :confused:

Interesting this, a company called Fresh Start called me this week on my mobile offering me a 'unique way to clear my debt' I said I wasn't interested and told the caller I was an active member of this forum and was quite capable of dealing with it myself. She then started on some spiel about 'getting it all tied up in one basket' and I told her again to vanish and not call again.

Provident lending their own ill gotten gains to pay their own extortionate interest loans sounds like a very back door way of clearing up their dodgy debt to become more 'legal'.

You only have to look at Credit Today to see how much Provident are 'forging ahead' in the current downturn.

Interesting this, a company called Fresh Start called me this week on my mobile offering me a 'unique way to clear my debt' I said I wasn't interested and told the caller I was an active member of this forum and was quite capable of dealing with it myself. She then started on some spiel about 'getting it all tied up in one basket' and I told her again to vanish and not call again.

Mmm... the old Yes Loans technique :rolleyes:

You only have to look at Credit Today to see how much Provident are 'forging ahead' in the current downturn.

That explains an awful lot

Borrow yourself a dog and next time he comes to the door tell him he has got 10 seconds to get off your property or you will let the dog out.

My dog is a great deterrant for salesmen. They take one look at her when she is looking out of the window and leave me alone.

I am putting a sign up next week saying 'Salesmen Welcome, Dog Food is Very Expensive.'

Lol,i have a very big german shepherd,he barked the whole time the guy was on the doorstep,he did look a little nervous:-D.

What surprised me is he was sent to offer a loan to pay off a debt and knew nothing of the OFT guidlines,so i taught him something:-D:-D

Provident lending their own ill gotten gains to pay their own extortionate interest loans sounds like a very back door way of clearing up their dodgy debt to become more 'legal'.

It's called fresh start,it ask's me in the letter to quote that when i ring them for my loan.they will wait a long time.:p

They don't have my phone number and they won't be getting it,if by chance they do,my answer will be much the same as yours.

I was almost going to say it was a Provident deal picked up by Wescot, but from what bsj is saying, it's something totally different.

I'm beginning to wonder if one owns the other... :confused:

I don't know as yet if the two companies are linked in anyway,i'm having a good look through providents website.

I started reading their company reports and have found nothing to link them as yet.

Fresh start is not mentioned on the site either,i would of thought it could be found under the services they offer,but thier's no mention of it.

I'm also interested to find out if they have a licence for collecting debt's.

I'm suspicious that provi are using the "Take out a loan and clear your debt's" route without having the authority to collect.

Edited by bsj

I am not sure who wescott aquired the debt from.

It will statute barred in sept if my memory serves me correctly. I have heard nothing about this debt for a very long time.

Provi purchased the debt from wescott.

I'm tempted to get a copy of my credit report,but i'm a bit loathe too,as i have read here they possibly flag you up to DCA's.And i have a few small debts from this period,very bad time for me.

Edited by bsj

Complain to your mp and oft and make sure your mp knows you will not accept soundbites or spin but you want presure put on the oft to do there jobs

I have put in a complaint to the OFT and trading standards,i will be ringing them again monday morning to update them,i did tell the agent he is breaking the law by harassing me at my home over an alleged debt.

I shall follow up with a complaint to my MP on your advice just for good measure.:)

Edited by bsj

If it becomes statute barred in September then that puts you in an excellent position. I would just simply ignore them then send the SB letter when times up.

They probably full well know that it's becoming SB, and trying to do everything in their power to get you to pay up because they know they can do diddly squat after SB.

I have put in a complaint to the OFT and trading standards,i will be ringing them again monday morning to update them,i did tell the agent he is breaking the law by harassing me at my home over an alleged debt.

I shall follow up with a complaint to my MP on your advice just for good measure.:)

Good for you! ;)

If it becomes statute barred in September then that puts you in an excellent position. I would just simply ignore them then send the SB letter when times up.

They probably full well know that it's becoming SB, and trying to do everything in their power to get you to pay up because they know they can do diddly squat after SB.

That's the plan,i did get the impression of deparate measures when i received the letter,i don't have long to wait now,if things get heavy from provi i intend to send the prove it letter,i'll keep baiting till the times up.

And to think these people pushed me to the brink of suicide more than once in the past,older and wiser,but the credit has to go CAG.

I spent many months reading before i posted.

As they say knowledge is power:-D

A big group hug and flowers for you all,thank you.

Basic details for:

312029 - Wescot Credit Services Limited

Current status:No longer AuthorisedEffective Date:06/02/2009Tied Agent:Undertakes Insurance Mediation:Registered under Money Laundering Regulations:Address:PO Box 137

Dunedin House

45 Percy Street

Hull

North Humberside

HU2 8HF

Phone:

Fax:

Email:

44 01482 590 590

44 01482 590 591

[email protected]

Notices:Other information:

Found this from a link in an other thread,so wescott continue to sell on debts unlicensed? as well as collect.

Is this worth persuing in my complaint to the OFT? as they sold the debt to provident,will it be relevant?.

Lol,i have a very big german shepherd,he barked the whole time the guy was on the doorstep,he did look a little nervous:-D.

What surprised me is he was sent to offer a loan to pay off a debt and knew nothing of the OFT guidlines,so i taught him something:-D:-D

I have a German Shepherd puppy. She is 7 months old and stands up at the window whenever someone knocks at the door.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

I have a German Shepherd puppy. She is 7 months old and stands up at the window whenever someone knocks at the door.

Another shepherd lover,nice to meet you.

Mine's 2 yrs old,he's a big softie untill someone approaches me.

He throws himself at the front door, full body slam and he has a bark to match his size,he 31inches shoulder height,i'm only 4ft 11in:-D

I contacted the OFT and trading Standards today.

They are looking into wether provident are licensed to collect debt's as they are primarily a loan company.

I also informed them that wescott are no longer authorised.

They have suggested that that i contact the catalouge company to ask when and if they sold the debt on and to whom.

The advisor also said that as i had not heard anything in years it maybe statute barred,(i know it's not far off).

When i have all the info from said catalouge company i have to ring them back.

As it is so close to sb if i contact them will it be deemed as admition of alleged debt.

It did'nt seem very helpful to me really as i know the debt has been purchased by provident so i'm already aware it's been sold on.

The OFT clarified that wescott are no longer licensed to sell or collect any debt,i have to forward the letter to them i recieved from provident as they are going to look into their practices of buying debt's when they are a loan company.

Edited by bsj

O.k so i phoned the catalouge company for details of the debt,they were extremly helpful.

It was sold to Wescott 9/9/04 so it's won't be sb'd for another year "sigh"

Got the month right but not the year:(

Why did it take them so long to sell it on if they had it all this time i wonder.

I'll have to sit it now an see what comes back from our friendly loan company.Or see if they sell it on.

The OFT clarified that wescott are no longer licensed to sell or collect any debt

That's very interesting, I had a try it on letter from Wescot last week over a Stat Barred debt. Did the OFT say what they are going to do?

statute baring runs from the date of last payment not the date they not the date they sell it on. So it probably is statute barred and you can tell them to fu*k off.

Now that's what i like to hear,i did stop paying approximatley a year before that,so in your words they can *&%$£ off then:-D

That's very interesting, I had a try it on letter from Wescot last week over a Stat Barred debt. Did the OFT say what they are going to do?

I had to e-mail the letter i recieved to the OFT,they said they will look into it.

It was music to my ears,i did post a reference to Wescott in an earlier post in this thread,thats where i found the info.

So i decided to bring to the attention of the OFT,fingers crossed they get closed down:-D

I had to e-mail the letter i recieved to the OFT,they said they will look into it.

It was music to my ears,i did post a reference to Wescott in an earlier post in this thread,thats where i found the info.

So i decided to bring to the attention of the OFT,fingers crossed they get closed down:-D

I think you should do it, especially in the light of what everyone else has said today

I think it is statute barred, the date of sale has nothing to do with statute barring, the statute date is the last time contact was between you and the lender by way of payment.... if they say £1 was paid towards it just before it was sold ask for proof of who made the payment, you are entitled to this information.

I think you should do it, especially in the light of what everyone else has said today

Oh i definatley will see this out,I'll keep updating the thread:-D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3927 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks