Faulty pushchair less than 6 months old

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5387 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is my first post, hope I've managed to put it in the right place, I'm just after some advice from some of you knowledgeable folks.

I bought an "Icandy Cherry" pushchair at around £250 from a local retailer in February. In April the front wheels jammed sideways meaning it couldn't be used - I took it back to store and they replaced the part of pushchair that wheels attach to.

On Saturday one of the front wheels fell off when I was out walking. I went to the store with pushchair, in a bit of a rage to be honest demanding a refund. The manager said that wheels falling off after this amount of time is probably just wear and tear and they could only offer to repair it within a few days. I left, muttering something about trading standards. I phoned Consumer Direct and I'm writing a letter to the seller at the minute but I'm wondering what my rights are. The lady on the phone didn't give much info.

Am I within my rights to ask for a replacement or refund? I've already given them a chance to sort it and wouldn't have much faith in the pushchair, repaired or not.

Guest Old_andrew2018

The reason I ask is that often your local TS department is willing to get involved however some are better than others, you have rights under the SOGA.

You are correct to write as you will have a paper trail, with luck the idiot of a manager will make his claim of wear and tear in writing.

Who would expect a pushchair to fail within such a short time.