Sygma Bank UK vs me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

StL,

I fully understand but the short answer is yes, you have to serve a copy of the claimants solicitor. The CPR 15.6 states

Service of copy of defence

A copy of the defence must be served on every other party.

(Part 16 sets out what a defence must contain)

I know it is a bit extra but I also advise sending all documents to solicitors by recorded delivery and printing off the receipt of delivery. Its amazing how many solicitors never receive statements etc from defendants when it does not suit the claimant or their solicitor.

Thanks Docman :mad: I thought that would be the answer, I was just clutching at straws in reality :), recorded delivery in the morning it is then.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have received a Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing) for this case, the Judge has ordered that "The original documents shall be brought to the hearing." so I shall just have to wait until January to finally see them.

The letter is here;

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu180/stleonards_2009/courtsygmaNovember0001.jpg

Thanks again.

Hi stleonards..

This is good news, mark those dates .... 14 days before hearing for document/witness statement exchange and of course the court date.:D

Start collecting information and notes for your witness statement so you can be well prepared.

Have a read of BRW's "Empty Desk" post. Amusing, but on occasion, very true. It happened to me just recently.:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-2171582.html

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The postie brought me a letter from Drydens again today, the two pages are here;

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu180/stleonards_2009/DrydensNovember1210001.jpg

http://i645.photobucket.com/albums/uu180/stleonards_2009/DrydensNovember1210002.jpg

and with it came another illegible/unreadable copy of the alleged Credit Agreement and copies of letters sent to me previously.

Drydens don't seem to like me using these forums very much, they keep on about them every time they write to me now :) and they seem to like threatening me also :)

Thanks again.

Didnt they initially say the Default Notice was issued in December 2008 ?.. and did the template notice have a date on it suggesting it was late September 2009. Now they are saying that the screenshot proves they sent it April 2009 ? Also didnt they mess up at some stage and send you a DN with a heading of a company that had us all scratching our heads as to the hell they were ?

These are all things you need to mention in your WS/Defence. At the very least it casts doubt over when and indeed if they ever sent one in the first place.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As for the post judgement interest, didnt shadow post up some information regarding that in post 18 ?.

It is rather naive of them to think that they can stop you using the internet , perhaps they will find some reason for you not to use the public reference libraries next:confused::lol:

BCOBS

Didnt they initially say the Default Notice was issued in December 2008 ?.. and did the template notice have a date on it suggesting it was late September 2009. Now they are saying that the screenshot proves they sent it April 2009 ? Also didnt they mess up at some stage and send you a DN with a heading of a company that had us all scratching our heads as to the hell they were ?

These are all things you need to mention in your WS/Defence. At the very least it casts doubt over when and indeed if they ever sent one in the first place.

I will be doing CB :D

As for the post judgement interest, didnt shadow post up some information regarding that in post 18 ?.

Oh yes indeed :D

It is rather naive of them to think that they can stop you using the internet , perhaps they will find some reason for you not to use the public reference libraries next:confused::lol:

Maybe they would like a ban for LIP's to all legal help? :lol: