Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5392 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently sent a CCA to Ruthbridge Limited for details about a debt they're chsing me for. They sent me everything today, along with a letter telling me their next step is to file for bankruptcy against me. I'm on Income Support at the moment and there's no way I can afford to pay off the debt (nearly 7k) - can anyone give me any advice on what to do next??

They sent me the credit agreement, all the information that I filled in when I took it out and 3 printed sheets showing actions theyve taken on the account and dates of letters theyve sent to me. I have no idea if this is everything that they should have sent me though

I recently sent a CCA to Ruthbridge Limited for details about a debt they're chsing me for. They sent me everything today, along with a letter telling me their next step is to file for bankruptcy against me. I'm on Income Support at the moment and there's no way I can afford to pay off the debt (nearly 7k) - can anyone give me any advice on what to do next??

Hi elG.........you have several options......

a)check through all the documents they've sent you, it may well be that they are not enforcable in court.

b)ask yourself, would bancruptcy be such a bad thing? and let them get on with it. They may just be bluffing anyway!

c) send a letter explaining your financial situation and offer to pay £1 a month

krj8;)

Hi Elgringo,

Is there any chance you can scan the credit agreement and post it up on here for opinions on it's enforceability? (Remove personal details first)

Also re the BR threat..do you own your own home?

Shout if you need help with posting the scan pic

Elsa xx

Thanks for all the replies so far :)

If I send them a letter offering a small amount per month and explain I'm on benefits at the moment (I've got a health problem which is why I'm not working) are they likely to accept it? I don't really feel able to just let them get on with it right now, I'm not coping too well with things as it is and don't really want it hanging over my head :S

Thanks for all the replies so far :)

If I send them a letter offering a small amount per month and explain I'm on benefits at the moment (I've got a health problem which is why I'm not working) are they likely to accept it? I don't really feel able to just let them get on with it right now, I'm not coping too well with things as it is and don't really want it hanging over my head :S

hi again elG............sound like a good idea...............however be prepared for them to try to frighten you into paying more than you can really afford. Remember as long as you agree to pay something, no matter how small the amount, they cannot take any action against you.

The safest way of entering into an agreement to pay is to put your offer in writing and wait until they reply in writing, make sure they agree to freeze interest. If you are unsure about anything in the meantime, this site is a great place to get support.

Good Luck krj8;)