You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

thenel

credit agreement regulated by cca 1974 motor loan

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4006 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi, can anyone advise if this type of loan is secured or registered against the car? someone smashed car from behind and although insurance co are paying out on claim will they pay finance co instead of me?

i'd rather just have the money to buy another car and continue to pay finance co as otherwise i won't have any money nor a car which is not good news as none of this was my fault.

further if this is the case can i try and find a car repairer who will fix the car cheaper than the garage the insurance co deal with? they have written off the car as category c but i feel it could be repaired much cheaper than they say so i'd prefer it to be fixed than written off.

any advise would be appreciated.

you have to look on your agreement, at what payment level does it state its yours,

who is it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

hi, can't find specific details but it does say i have the right to settle at any time and pay off all amounts. it also has a section under t's and c's that acceleration of payment will be required if car is sold or written off or default etc etc and the loan must be repaid immediately.

does this mean they own car until i repay and ins co are legally bound to pay them?

scan and post it up but remove pers details

we should be able to help

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

My car loan agreement even says that I have to let the insurer know that the loan company is the owner (didn't realise that until yesterday).

Re car repairs: you need to check your insurance policy wording, some companies insist you use their network of repairers, and some will let you provide your own quote (which they'll go with if they consider it reasonable - they may choose to send the insurance assessor out to check the vehicle in this case).

Its probably academic at this point if it is a write off, and you don't say how old the car is or whether its still under warranty, but if it was repairable you'd want to check whether using a non manufacturer-authoirsed repairer would negate your warranty.