You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

summerbreeze

How to deal with Initial contact from a DCA

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4010 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I would like to know how others have dealt with the first approaches from a DCA

Should letters be acknowledged eventually ?

Should a ' prove it ' letter be sent first or a CCA request?

If the previous OC has provided a dodgy or illegible CCA should you inform the DCA

Perhaps it would depend on the DCA concerned ? As some seem to ask to make an arrangement and others steam in with threats of bankruptcy etc.

Asking these questions as it looks like I will have to deal with 3 different DCAs shortly

It would also depend on what the debt was for who it was originally with when it was taken out etc

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

That all depends on who or what the alleged debt is.

Do you have any debts? Is the letter clearly identifying what you believe to be your debt? Is it merely a phishing trip by a random DCA for a debt you have no knowledge about?

Is it an unsecured debt, ie , Credit cards, Loans, store cards etc?

Or is it a secured debt, Mortgage?

Is it a court fine, parking, speeding fine?

If you have the CCA the OC sent you, then post it up on here so other can have a look, but if you say it is illegible then yes that would be unenforceable, but just because you have an unenforceable copy doesn't mean that they won't produce a perfect copy in court, it just means unbtil they provide you with a valid legible copy that you can legaly withold payment.;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I am thinking about the most common type of debts mainly credit card debts and personal loan debts that have defaulted and been sold to a DCA

Also what to do when the account number has been changed after charge off by the OC and the DCA refers to a completely different account number

Also what to do when the account number has been changed after charge off by the OC and the DCA refers to a completely different account number

Thats just the DCA using their own account numbers, as it is now in their hands as has to be filed using their system which will be different to that of the OC.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I believe it is advisable not to respond to the initial ' Hello we have bought your debt ' letter but wonder how to respond to further letters

I wouldnt acknowledge the original letter, they may give up easily or try phoning you, in which case don't answer their security questions.

No letters have been acknowledged but this is the crux of my questions really ..how long to ignore them?

I suppose I cant expect to get advice because I dont know what they will do next.

No-one has phoned me as yet

Edited by summerbreeze
just being paranoid

I've ignored them for three years:D

I've ignored them for the best part of 8 years and the still send me a card around xmas time evey year!!!:lol::lol::lol: