Nationwide + Test Case...What Next??

sofi
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, hope some one can point me in the right direction.

I've recently sent off the Preliminary and subject access letters. Ive received a letter back from Nationwide saying they can not deal with my claim untill the test case is over. Ive had a look at my bank statements and it clearly shows that i previously payed back my charges (which are built up of over draft fees) and should have been £30 in credit.

As i refused to pay back these charges they transfered money from my savings account. My over draft fee is now cleared.

What would be the next step?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A S.A.R. is sent 1st, if you don't already have copies of your statements etc.

Nationwide then have up to 40days from receipt, to comply with your request.

It's also a good idea to look into setting up a 'parachute' current account elsewhere in case Nationwide start playing hardball.

After totting up the numbers stuff etc, a Preliminary Letter is then sent.

14days after that, a Letter Before Action is sent giving Nationwide another further 14days to come up with your own money.

If still no positive response from Nationwide (:rolleyes:), a claim is filed at court for the amount owed + costs + interest.

:)

by all means claim hardship if you want -- but don't hold your breath. particularly as it seems that you got a savings account, I don't rate your chances at all.

Go through all the steps of claim your charges and claimed to the courts not to the ombudsman