Do you have to have a passport to fly within the UK?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, please can anyone tell me do you have to have a passport to travel on internal flights within the uk? I want to book a flight from Manchester to Heathrow with British Airways this thursday but im not sure if i have my passport anymore?

Thank you- Craigten

nope not on internal i flew return from southampton to glasgow and was never asked.

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi, please can anyone tell me do you have to have a passport to travel on internal flights within the uk? I want to book a flight from Manchester to Heathrow with British Airways this thursday but im not sure if i have my passport anymore?

Thank you- Craigten

Ps- what transport should i use to get from Heathrow to London on Friday morning(I am staying at the Docklands Hilton hotel on a special 2 for 1 deal)

PHOTO ID when was that brought in, I ask because when I went from Southampton to Glasgow in Dec 08 I was asked for nothing

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hi, my flight is at 19.25 on thursday night, what id like to know is how soon do you have to be at the airport being as it is an internal flight? one train gets to manchester airport at 19.04 and the other at 18.04, ideally id like to get there for the 19.04 one but im guessing this is too late?

Hi, my flight is at 19.25 on thursday night, what id like to know is how soon do you have to be at the airport being as it is an internal flight? one train gets to manchester airport at 19.04 and the other at 18.04, ideally id like to get there for the 19.04 one but im guessing this is too late?

Well IMO i would not rely on the 19:04 far better to be early for flights than late.

You need to give yourself plenty of time - what if the 19.04 train was cancelled? or running 30 minutes late? not unheard of on our railways!

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Check in on internal flights is at least 1 hour before flight.

Not sure if you can check in online and make it later though - but don't think I'd trust train to be on time anyway on something that important so would definately get the earlier one!

I thought it had been photo id (passport or driving licence) for years. It certainly has been when travelling from Manchester airport! Maybe the smaller airports aren't so strict.

You need official photo ID, so passport or full driving licence are your only options.

You can take the tube from heathrow, i wouldnt recommend it tho.

Or the heathrow express takes you to paddington (expensive)

or you can get the airlink bus to victoria then tube it to docklands (my choice).

When I flew due to having No passport and only a provisional driving licence I was able to use my works ID card my mum was able to use her Bus Pass :)

Thank you for all your help!

Has anyone got a rough idea how much the journey to my hotel will cost using the bus to get into London then taxi/tube to Docklands please? And then how much from Docklands into Central London itself?

And any tips for me and my gf's 2 days in London? For instance, i have been told to pre-book the London eye because of the queues?

Has anyone got a rough idea how much the journey to my hotel will cost using the bus to get into London then taxi/tube to Docklands please? And then how much from Docklands into Central London itself?

And any tips for me and my gf's 2 days in London? For instance, i have been told to pre-book the London eye because of the queue?

Call London Transport for travel info and prices.

If you want to see the Changing of the Guard, try going to Horseguards Parade in Whitehall. There is a similar but smaller event there and it's not so crowded.

Don't accept the offers to have your photo taken and avoid invites to get taxis or pubs / clubs. You will be severely out of pocket as well as at risk safety wise.

You could get yourself a copy of Lonely Planet's guide to Britain (or London if there is one). I found it invaluable on my 3 day trip a few years ago.

Get yourselves a travel card they cost £7 for one day or £20 for three days (0930-1630) you can use them on the bus, tube or Docklands Light Railway, DLR which if you are staying in Docklands will save a lot of money. You could buy them at Heathrow and travel by tube instead of bus. You can board at terminals 1, 2and 3 and get Piccadilly line to Green park and change there for Jubilee line which takes you to the middle of docklands. I dont know where you are staying but check with hotel the nearest station and what line its on. Have a good trip and remember to watch your pockets and bags.

• Haha 1

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

What a fantastic reply!! I really appreciate it as this will save me and my girlfriend money and time!!

May i ask what you would recommend seeing in London?

We are staying at the Hilton docklands hotel on a 2-for-1 deal and all i can think of right now is the london eye which i believe you have to pre-book so that you dont have to queue?

And any tips for me and my gf's 2 days in London? For instance, i have been told to pre-book the London eye because of the queues?

Craigten, get yourselves a zones 1-2 travelcard, will cost about £5-60. This will give you unlimited travel within the touristy/west end areas.

If you're coming in from Heathrow and travelling around later on in the day, get a zones 1-6, this will cover your journey from the airport to Docklands and everything else you want to do. The piccadilly line service is usually fairly reliable from Heathrow, and it is by far the cheapest way of getting into London.

With regards to the London Eye. Book on-line and pick your tickets up when you get there. The Eye is fantastic, especially if you get good weather, oh and buy the guide, it's a bit pricey but worth it.

As for sightseeing, most of the touristy stuff isactually contained in a fairly small area, you may even find walking might be easier...

Enjoy yersel when you get here :)

Archway

Whatever you are into you need to know that at this time of year all the tourist attractions will be very busy. You will get more in if you see the sights rather than visit them or you will spend the weekend queuing. My advice if you don't mind a nice walk and it's not raining is to get the DLR to Tower Hill and walk over Tower Bridge to the South side go down the stairs on the right and just walk along the river. There is so much you can take in. It's about 30 minutes walk to the London Eye and you can decide whether to queue or nip over the bridge and see Parliement etc. Not far further to walk to Trafalgar Square and Buck House. Get a tourist map you'll be amazed how much you can in walking on on a bus. By the way i forgot u are coming weekend so travel card time restrictions are not in place Sat/Sunday have a good time