Virgin Media Court Case

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am due in court on the 25th August. I am taking VM to court for various things (very long winded) anyway I have a very strong case. My court bundle had to be at the court by 4pm 13th July which they have received (sent virgin media my court bundle several weeks ago now). Virgin Media have to send their court bundle by tomorrow 20th July.

My letter from the court dated 12 June says;

2. The defendant must before 4pm on 20 July 2009 send to the court and the claimant a bundle which must contain all the documents you wish to consider at the hearing.

Could someone please tell me as I have not had VM bundle yet and i personaly think they are leaving it a bit late, what happens if VM do not send to the court their bundle by the above date does that mean that the chances are they will not turn up in court on the 25th August? and can they still settle out of court? any advice would be much appreciated.

Not necessarily - but likely. If they do not provide the information then they can make oral statements, but without documentary proof to back up their claims, they are almost guaranteeing they'll lose. They can settle out of court right up to the case calling, on the steps of the court.

I thought that you had to give at least one weeks notice if you are going to settle out of court as the courts need notice. I have a gut feeling that they are not going to turn up as my evidence/defence is rock solid.

There are more deals done within the court precincts before the case calls than any other (both civil and criminal). The courts do not require 'notice' and why should they? They get paid irrespective of the outcome. Indeed it is courtesy for one or other of the patiest to attend when the case is called to explain to the judge the settlement, and the disposition - 'no costs' or more usually, costs to be met by each party.