employment tribunal review

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi i hope some one can advise. I took my former employer to the tribunal in jan and won my case. My employer never followed the grievence proceedure as i was unfairly selected for lay off. It was proved that my company use this so called clause in the contract of employment to get rid of people they no longer want. I also complained in writing to my employer that i had never recieved a contract of employment or written statement. this was done in july 08. They could not produce a contract of employment to the tribunal or bring the director who was adament i had signed a contract.

I then recieved a letter about 7 weeks later from the companys solictors stating that they have suddenly found a contract of employment that i have signed and could i admit that it was my signiture. I contacted the cab who have been advising me as i knew this was not my signiture. I wanted to go to the police as i thought this was fraud but the cab told me this was not a criminal matter. I then contacted the tribunal for advice and was told that the solictors had put in request for a review / appeal.

The company had sent me part of the contract stating lay off in responce to my grievence letter in july which states. If there is a shortage of work for whatever reason the company will endeavour to maintain continuity of employment wherever possible by placing people on short time or laying them off without pay. in such circumstances as much advance notice as can reasonable be given, will be if, in the company opinion it becomes necessary to do so.

The letter saying i was being layed off was dated on the 9th june 08 which was a monday and i was called into the office and informed i was being layed off on the friday 13th 08. If i had signed a contract of employment then i would of taken them for breach of contract.

The firm i worked for said at the tribunal i still worked for them this was towards the end of jan but i recieved a p45 in april 09 that states my employment ended on jan the second.

The company i worked for are liars and i need some advice to help me at this tribunal review. I am still unemployed and don't know what to do next. I cannot afford a solictor so will be doing it myself at the tribunal.

Thank you to any one who can advise

You need to be very careful here. If you are absolutely sure it's not your signature then it's without doubt fraud and a police matter. However, is it the same document you think it is?

Ask for a copy of the document first. Then decide.

I have seen a copy of the doccument. I would of remembered if i had signed it and i would of kept a copy myself. I have looked very closely at the signed copy and its not my signiture. I have even asked friends and family to compare the signitures and they all agree its not mine, it looks like they have tried to trace it because its not a fluid signiture.