Egg - Fredrickson International

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an Egg credit card which started in October 2002.

When I first got the credit card it started well I had a small limit and would spend money and pay it off when the bill was due. Then money got tight and very easily I was able to up't the limit but I was not always clearing the bill so over a couple of years I had a debt of £3500 ( I will call Fredrickson in the morning to confirm amount I started at just incase they have put charges on).

I stopped paying the credit card as I was struggling with the high payments they wanted.

Due to the payments not being made Fredrickson International had the case and I set up an arrangement of £50 a month.

Since the arrangement started I have paid £1050 and currently owe £2099.09

Do I have to pay them?

Please advise on what I should do?

My husband spoke to someone who said that I should not pay them and should look on here for advice.

Please help!!

Hiya maggie,

you have various options but if i was you i would do this.

1 re freds : i would send them a cca request, this will check to ensure paperwork is in order and delay them.

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

no 8 in the above link and just print your name. you need to include a £1 po and send recoreded delviery to freds

2 egg direct ... i would send them an sar this will get you last 6 year transactiona and from what you say will be charges on the account that you can reclaim back.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/210219-egg-fredrickson-international.html

no2 from the link and again send recorded and would need to include £10 po.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

no probs :D

if they send anything in response post back here

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

It is a good thing that you have not heard back from Freds.

The only thing I notice when reading this thread is that you have had a letter from a certain Mr. Carter, but you don't say what it said.

Carter is what is commonly known as a rogue. There is no trick he will not stoop to, so you need to be aware of this and be prepared.

What exactly did that letter say?

SH