Urgent- phones 4 u issue

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4080 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My son has just come back from a trip out into town. and has come back with a contract phone at £35.00 a month with £9.99 a month insurance. (im livid). :-x This contract is for 24 months

My son hasnt got a job- hes on £45 a week benefits so how has he been able to get this

he recieved £50 cash from them at the shop and his freind recieved £40 for taking him

My son is 20 years old, and im sure you think he is old enough to make his own mistakes, and he probably is but he has mild learning difficultys and doesnt fully understand. He didnt even realise he has to pay £9.99 a month insurance.

my question is can he get out of this contract?

thanks for your help.

just spoke to son and he didnt even know it was a two year contract, i asked him if the guy in the shop told him it was over two years and my son said no :mad:

If you try by claiming misselling, you may lose. This is his first phone, (not an upgrade) then he'll have up to 14 days to ensure it meets his requirements - for example, he may not have coverage he requires in the areas he frequents. In this scenario, the phone will not meet his requirements, and he should be able to repudiate the contract.

However, I can bet his 'friend' was well aware of what he was signing up for - and was being set up. Unfortunately, he are all held responsible for our actions, and if he is unable to manage his finances responsibly on his own this is going to be a problem until his credit file is fried and he becomes a bad risk.

It may be best if you go to the shop with him, and take control of the situation. If they refuse to take it - ask for the manager or area manager, be a pain. If you have to leave without returning the phone, get an address from the shop for the return and send it be Registered Mail (keeping the receipt). If you fail to so this the contract will be confirmed and a big financial millstone.