style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2976 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive not ccad first crud yet. not sure if i can cos they claim its a united utilities debt? which i was never aware of cos i pay them on the card and have done for over a year!!

ive ccad:

barclaycard

cap1

Fredericksons

welcome finance

Only the cap 1 letter has been recieved so far (they didnt respond to my ("you dont need a sig letter") the sig they gave made me laugh, its just a blatent scribble!!!

i recently received a letter from 1st credit which i ignored as it was from a previous address. i have sinced received another letter which is from a debt from previous address and previous name. the debt is from a credit card i got approx in august 2002 i think i only made a few payments so am almost certain i have made no payments for over 6 years.i would be grateful for ant advice on what to do next

sillyfilly, you are probably best starting off your own thread.

However if you can confirm the last payment you made was more than six years old the alleged debt will be statute barred.

This will make very interesting reading for you:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

If you can confirm the alleged debt is statute barred, then 1st Credit can't recover it through the courts.... if they proceed to continue to harass you then the protection from harassment act becomes applicable to you - and Trading Standards can intervene on your behalf and prosecute under the Administration Of Justice Act.

I would be tempted not to reply, but research statute barred debts on here, I know there are template letters available but i'm not sure if you want to give them your present details.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

• 1 year later...

Im recieving letter and calls from them regarding a united utilities debt. I dont dispute the debt but i am wary of paying a dca. I have tried numerous times to gt in contact with united utilities about an arrangement. They said they were going to call me and didnt. Then i get a letter from them saying theyve passed it on to a dca because they tried to call , they didnt. Theyve gave the dca my mobile number. surey they cant pass on details like this. not sure what to do next.

Simply DO NOT engage with or talk to BCW over the phone EVER. Your dispute is with UU, not this tin pot DCA, send BCW the telephone harassment letter:

http://http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

How much roughly is the alleged debt and how old is it? Is it a disputed amount between you and UU?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Im recieving letter and calls from them regarding a united utilities debt. I dont dispute the debt but i am wary of paying a dca. I have tried numerous times to gt in contact with united utilities about an arrangement. They said they were going to call me and didnt. Then i get a letter from them saying theyve passed it on to a dca because they tried to call , they didnt. Theyve gave the dca my mobile number. surey they cant pass on details like this. not sure what to do next.

i know my connection has gone mental :!:.

As for the amount it keeps changeing. First it was £175 then £223 now on the last letter it sayd £122. I never pick up the phone when they ring. I picked it up today though but hung up when they said who it was. Also i had a dodgy call today from someone claiming to be with the FSA.

Write to United Utilities Recorded Delivery and request the correct amount, by return in writing.

Write to BCW again Recorded Delivery and in form them that the account is still in dispute with UU http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...-is-in-dispute

BCW should then send the account back to UU and when you have the correct account, make an offer of payment, start payments, and so long as you do not miss a payment that should be the end of it.

If you are on benefits this can be as low as £1 per month.

BCW are extremely deluded, they like to punch well above their weight and like to make themselves sound important and will ask for such irrelevant nonsense such as your I&E, you are not in any way obliged to furnish them with this information, so don't. This info can only ever be provided in a court, to a Judge, someone who has legal knowledge and training and doesn't need the help of an abacus or their fingers & toes to do maths.

Nice signature caruthers! :lie:

Now have you written to UU yet asking them for the actual figure they are claiming?

I would be inclined to write back to BCW outlining the legal definition of harassment and that of harassing a debtor under the CPUTR regs, but then again why waste your time effort and money when they can't read anyway.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi zarah

Already great advice from bb/ hs and with regrads to BCW wanting to know your I & E's forget it as they are not entitled to know, only a Court can request that info

Get those letters off and let BCW stew

Good luck

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

My phone is currently in a cage with 6 guinea pigs sniffing away 8-)

:jaw:

Get your phone out of there straight away, he will start to have what he thinks is an inteligent chat with your Guinea Pigs and the GP's will win

Have some sympathy :lol:

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=