style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2975 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday i recieved this:

Dear Sir/Madam

1st Credit Ltdisattempting tocontact the above named regarding a personal matter.

Your address has been suplied as apossible address for our subject who was previously resident at:- (previous address)

Please contact our offices immediatly on our telephone number 0870 164 20 56 and quote the above 1st credit reference number at which time further information can be provided.

if you are not the individual we are attempting to contact or have information that may assist please call us at your earliest convienience. on telephone number 0870 164 2056, in order that we may correct our records.

If no responce is recieved within ten days of issue we will assume that you are the individual we wish to contact and will of course ensure that all relevent correspondance is sent to you

Yours faithfully

1st credit ltd

Just wondering what i should do. I currently have i iva so im wondering if its one of those debts that has been sold on.

Ive read some awful stuff online about 1st credit and im panicing slightly. I am also on benefits so worrying if they want full payment i obviously cant do this.

Just wondering what my first course of action would be and wondering how the got my address in the first place.:eek:

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send them the prove it letter from here:

Letter 18

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

Amend to suit, send recorded keeping a copy with your postal receipt, DO NOT sign print your name and wait for them to get back to you. If you need more help come back and ask. If not, let us know how you get on please.

so the iva people have basically said theyve spoken to them and the debt has been added to my account. i am not at all happy with this. i havnt actually seen any proof the own the debt or if there even is one. They cant just send me a bill out the blue and expect me to go oh ok.

So should i get in touch with them myself with the prove it letter? should i tell the iva not to pay them and not to phone?

i wont be intimidated by these **** takers!!!

hmmm my brain hurts

• 4 weeks later...

so ive had 1st knocking my door down this morning at 8am. i opened the door (dont know how they got in the building?!) they demanded to know who i was. i slammed the door in his face he then carred on knocking for over half an hour.. charming eh

so ive had 1st knocking my door down this morning at 8am. i opened the door (dont know how they got in the building?!) they demanded to know who i was. i slammed the door in his face he then carred on knocking for over half an hour.. charming eh

if he ever comes back,ring the police and tell them there's a kiddie fiddler trying to get into your house

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, if you have any further problems with DCAs such as 1st Credit this is invaluable:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

You'll find that alot of DCAs will attempt to exploit a persons lack of knowledge as to their rights.

In respect of people turning up on your door, as the guidance outlines they are meant to arrange an appointment with you in advance of turning up - as such arriving an knocking on your door is a collector trying it on.

If they turn up say that you have no intention of speaking to them and have not arranged an appointment in accordance with the guidelines which they must follow. Any trouble the threat to them of phoning the police, or lodging a complaint with the OFT should work.

Advice offered by ENRON is without prejudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt.

yeah ill tell em to bugger off next time!!!

Im really anoyed with halifax!! there still refusing to refund the charge and have left mewith £20 to live on for a fortnight and next time i get paid ill have to pay double for my bills leaving me skint again!!!!:confused::mad:

std rubbish.

as suggested CCA these jokers

how old is the debt & when was the last fin transaction?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

im sure there are charges yes. Ihave been paying them for roughly two years on a dmp and the debt has gone up rather than down. i have told the dmp people to close the account. i sent cap 1 a letter offering £5 a mont, which was a bit more than i the dmp were paying them. They ignored the first one then after i sent it again hey sent me this:

cap1letter001-1.jpg

This seems odd seeing as i was offering them money!! so i sent them the your not getting a sig letter!! then i recieved the dc leter. i get the impression they were planning to sell it on anyway and wanted a sig:mad:

Also i havnt sent them a cca yet. someone else told me to tak them to court:confused: o also i sent fred a CPR31 request which has been ignored.

thanks for the comments:)

Edited by Hacked_Off

hi zara,

what CPR did u send 31.16? what did u ask for? have u followed up with a reminder?

as the guys have said a CCA rqst is prob worth doing its only £1 plus recd del.

also as jogs points out finding where u are on charges is essential so if u dont have the statements urself it might be worth a SAR to the original creditors regstd address with £10 if possible. this will provide the statements required and cud also throw up other misdemeanours on their part.

DX asked when this debt, presumably a cred card was taken out as well?

yeah it was 31.16. i think:

I write with regards to the above account with your organisation.

I respectfully request that you provide me by return a copy of the credit agreement which bears my signature. I require this as i have reason to believe that there may be discrepancies within the agreement which may leave it improperly executed. Additionally I require the underwriting sheet or other document showing any commissions paid to you by the broker or by you to the broker. I also believe I was mis-sold ppi.

obviously if the agreement is improperly executed i would be entitled to ask the court to consider the agreement and make a declaration of the rights of parties to the agreement.

I must stress this request is NOT made pursuant to section 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 but is made pursuant to the Civil Procedure Rules ( Pre action protocols and Part 31.16) and therefore unsigned copy will not suffice, only a copy of the original contract in its unaltered form will suffice in these circumstances

Please confirm if you still hold a copy of my signed agreement and that you will provide me with this document.

I do not view this as an unreasonable request given that by supplying the document which i have asked for it will allow me to assess if my case has merit and will help to resolve matters possibly without the need to involve the court and will undoubtedly save costs on both sides

I look forward to your reply and would ask for a response by 4pm on 21/09/2009

Regards

I havnt sent them a reminder (?) i have a cca waiting to post out on monday (pay day :D) i ased the dmp company for all the statements which should have been sent to them. which they havnt supplied so i think maybe i wil sar them :D or should i just sar cap 1? yeah its a credit card as far as i can remeber it was around feb 2007 i took it out.