You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Bazooka Boo

Credit Services Association fact sheet.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

CSA Website

Takes a while to read, and far too much to copy and paste on here.

Click on the link above and have a read, of what they preach, but their members sometimes fail to practice.;)

But just to take a little something from their site, and to give you an idea of the current attitude we as alleged debtors face;

The issues we face

In an industry that employs more than 25,000 people handling more than 21 million cases, there is always scope for

something to go wrong. It is important to distinguish, however, between those cases where a debtor has a legitimate

right to complain, and others where the collectors are acting within their rights and in accordance with the code.

A good example is the issue of ‘acting in a manner not intended to embarrass the debtor’, and ‘to ensure that all

contacts are made at reasonable times’.

It should be remembered from the outset that a debt has only been passed to an agency for collection because the

debtor has ignored all attempts by the original creditor to recover their money. As such, correspondence that is then

received from an agency should not come as a surprise, neither should it be unexpected.

If the debtor ignores an initial written ‘contact’, the agency may resort to ‘phone, email (where applicable) or text. If

the debtor is working, it may indeed be ‘reasonable’ to attempt to contact that debtor before 9:00am and/or after

5:30pm when they could be reasonably expected to be home.

Alternatively, it might also be reasonable to call the debtor at work in order for a successful contact to be made. Both

are legitimate means of attempted contact, but can be easily ‘spun’ as appearing to be both ‘oppressive’ and/or

‘intrusive’.

Edited by Bazooka Boo

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Their worst crime is the way they treat sick and people with mental health issues...

Part 4 section L is of particular interest.

http://www.csa-uk.com/csa/code-of-practice.php

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Their worst crime is the way they treat sick and people with mental health issues...

Part 4 section L is of particular interest.

CSA Website

Thats not their 'worst' crime,

The way they talk to you with that smug superiority and knowitall, the kind that would be seen as being damagingly out of place if it were how a parent spoke to their child:eek:

That could be their worst crime, that or just thinking their doing a good job:lol:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thats not their 'worst' crime,

The way they talk to you with that smug superiority and knowitall, the kind that would be seen as being damagingly out of place if it were how a parent spoke to their child:eek:

That could be their worst crime, that or just thinking their doing a good job:lol:

Actually, thinking again about it is they way some have driven people who owe no debt to suicide. AK and TC being a classic example re: the Beryl Brazier case.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)