Kays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello used to be a customer to my friends catalogue,always paid on time never missed a payment.Thing is my friend put it in my first name but my partners second name which of course is not my real name.

example

my real name sarah smith

partners real name simon sanders

account name in sarah sanders

Now we are both unemployed and owe them around 1000 and of course the debt letters have started coming.

Is the account forcable seeing as it is not in my real name??

A bit odd this one, subscribing to find out how a 3rd party debt has relevance under the CCA 1974. Simply because your details are known to your freind and you didn't sign anything, or did you?

If you need help give the site team a shout by pressing the red triengle.

A bit odd this one, subscribing to find out how a 3rd party debt has relevance under the CCA 1974. Simply because your details are known to your freind and you didn't sign anything, or did you?

If you need help give the site team a shout by pressing the red triengle.

You know what i think i did,she passed the account on over to me so she didnt get any hassle on her account,they sent me a letter and i remember signing it :mad: in my full real name.

Now bugger where do i stand,can i ask for original agreement as what i signed was just to say it was debt that belonged to me.

Think i have shot myself in the foot,maybe they have 'lost' that signing?? worth a try??

You know what i think i did,she passed the account on over to me so she didnt get any hassle on her account,they sent me a letter and i remember signing it :mad: in my full real name.

Now bugger where do i stand,can i ask for original agreement as what i signed was just to say it was debt that belonged to me.

Think i have shot myself in the foot,maybe they have 'lost' that signing?? worth a try??

You didn't keep a copy of that letter?