Housing Benefit shenanigans help needed

topcat77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received notification of me and my partners weekly housing benefit entitlement for a two bedroomed private house and we have been granted £90 per week. We claim as a couple and I receive £202 Incapacity Benefit per fortnight and my partner £60 Income Support sick per fortnight.

We feel this decision is wrong as a calculation we did for our monthly liable rent of £435 granted us £101 per week. Can we ask for this to be looked at again as we will struggle finding the £75 per month shortfall. I am 18 weeks pregnant, by the way which is why we got a two bedroomed property. I know housing associations wouldn't of given us somewhere before the baby is born in December.

Another problem we have is that they won't backdate our claim to when we signed for the keys on 11th June because we weren't sleeping at the property. We couldn't move in properly until 6th July as we didn't have a bed so they are doing the claim from then. Would it be worth appealing against this as we are now behind with our rent not being able to meet the £435 standing order we had set up for the landlord on 11th July? All we are getting is £180 on Wednesday and the landlord has to pay their mortgage on the house.

Any help will be much appreciated.

appeal its worth aving ago,if you was homeless they have to find you a property.when baby is born you will get more income support with tax credits and child benefit which will help abit more.also dont forget to claim the £500 at 29 weeks pregnant for pram etc...sorry blabing on you didnt even wana know about all that..so anyway maybe ring housing and council tax benefit office tomorrow and explain that you dont think thats guns be enough as there no way you can find the extra £75 mnthly,im sure it could be looked at again...the only downside with appealing monies is that they coulde refuse which is unlikely

good luck

Housing benefit will only pay the going rate for your area and requirements. You need to check on the Council's website and see what the going rent is in your area and see whether you are paying above it. It is also worth contacting them, if you have not already done so, to say that you are pregnant and this is why you had a two bedroom property.