has anyone fought Welcome and won?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I took out a loan with Welcome Finance nearly 4 years ago, for £4k to buy a car. Since then, in order to increase or decrease payments, I've had to settle the debt and take out a new one (effectively - they did give this a name but I can't remember it). I had a statement through the other day saying that I still have £7.5k to pay back - after having paid it back for 4 years!! Also, when I missed payments they told me they'd stick it on the end of the debt but this has not happened and I've been charged a massive amount of interest! Has anyone fought Welcome Finance about unfairly trading, and if so how did they go about it, as I am struggling to to get a loan with anybody else (although my credit rating shouldn't be that bad, if it wasn't for a company messing me about but that's another story....) but don't want to be with Welcome anymore because they are a bunch of cowboys. I've managed to get myself out of debt by sheer hard work but want out of Welcome asap

Please help me! :(

No idea but we are just about to start with them. We took out a 2k loan 2 years ago and only have 500 left and due to us both being made unemployed we missed this months payment.(NEVER missed a payment before)The other day a WF guy was 'in the area' and knocked on our door to which i politley told him to sod off.

Then saturday we receive a letter going on about land registry or something and have added nearly 100 in interest.This was an unsecured loan and was therefore not secured against any land.If i scanned it in would somebody please tell me what they are going on about,its very confusing.

Besides that im gonna start with the CCA letters and see what can be done.:mad:

has anyone fought Welcome and won?!

Just about everyone and their dog.

I took out a loan with Welcome Finance nearly 4 years ago, for £4k to buy a car. Since then, in order to increase or decrease payments, I've had to settle the debt and take out a new one (effectively - they did give this a name but I can't remember it). I had a statement through the other day saying that I still have £7.5k to pay back - after having paid it back for 4 years!! Also, when I missed payments they told me they'd stick it on the end of the debt but this has not happened and I've been charged a massive amount of interest! Has anyone fought Welcome Finance about unfairly trading, and if so how did they go about it, as I am struggling to to get a loan with anybody else (although my credit rating shouldn't be that bad, if it wasn't for a company messing me about but that's another story....) but don't want to be with Welcome anymore because they are a bunch of cowboys. I've managed to get myself out of debt by sheer hard work but want out of Welcome asap

Couple of angles of attack:

Unfair penalty charges can be reclaimed with interest.

Knowing Welcome, there may be problems with the agreement itself or the procedures they have used.

What is the current situation, ie is the agreement up to date on payments or in default?

David

No idea but we are just about to start with them. We took out a 2k loan 2 years ago and only have 500 left and due to us both being made unemployed we missed this months payment.(NEVER missed a payment before)The other day a WF guy was 'in the area' and knocked on our door to which i politley told him to sod off.

Then saturday we receive a letter going on about land registry or something and have added nearly 100 in interest.This was an unsecured loan and was therefore not secured against any land.If i scanned it in would somebody please tell me what they are going on about,its very confusing.

Besides that im gonna start with the CCA letters and see what can be done.:mad:

They're trying to scare you by threatening, albeit veiled, with a charging order and forced sale of your property that they think you may own.

They're trying to scare you by threatening, albeit veiled, with a charging order and forced sale of your property that they think you may own.

Ok so just ignore it and start with the cca letters?? I realise that some people say you owe the money you should pay it back (as sooo many on a certain other website always ram down your necks) but if its something i could get away with not paying it would be great right now ;-)

Just about everyone and their dog.

Couple of angles of attack:

Unfair penalty charges can be reclaimed with interest.

Knowing Welcome, there may be problems with the agreement itself or the procedures they have used.

What is the current situation, ie is the agreement up to date on payments or in default?

David

The account itself is up to date and hasn't been defaulted on or payments missed for at least a year if not longer. When I had initial problems with paying, they told me that they'd tack the payment on at the end but never mentioned that they would charge interest on top of the interest! (or at least that's the way it came across when I went in to see them). I was hoping to claim back anything I can then was thinking of possibly doing a Voluntary Termination on my credit agreement but I see people have mentioned CCA's and I'm not sure what these are or whether that would be a better option?