DCA advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this thread should be on the Utilities board. But got a demand from DCA ( Network Credit services ) on behalf of EDF Engery stating I owed £130 from 09. I am sure I have paid this. Can I SAR a utility Co? or any idea what my next move is?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you can SAR anyone who holds data on you incl. utilities.

However, if you know you had an account with EDF at some stage, in this case wouldn't it just be easier(& more econmical) to phone & ask them for a copy of their statement with details of the meter readings they are using? You can then use the figures to prove or disprove the amount they are claiming & if you think you have paid it, check your own records & receipts for payments made.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

As above also check end date of your contract against statement, British Gas tried to charge me for 3 months gas after I left them good job I got meter readings from Housing authority when they switched off heating etc.

dpick

I think that you need to confirm that you have paid this bill through your own bank if you used online banking/DD to pay it. If you wrote a cheque, check you cheque stubs. It you paid in a post office/bank by cash then you should have used a giro payment attached to a bill.

If you have no means of checking this from your own records then a SAR is important.

The concern I have is that you "think" you have paid this and that you are not sure, unfortunately I have been in the position of not keeping good records in the past and have come unstuck myself, so it is a very good idea to get a good record keeping method. Online banking can be very useful for this.

Working to help set people free from debt.