Claimform by DAF (Yes Car Credit) **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

On recently checking my credit report online, i've got a CCJ for about £4k something for a car, i can remember a DCA contacting me about 3 years ago chasing the debt and i faxed them telling them to disappear as i'm not paying for something that doesn't work (they came and collected the car one day) didn't hear anything since, and i don't recall receiving any paperwork about it going to court otherwise i would have gone and defended myself. trouble is i've checked all my paperwork boxes and can't anything relating to the fax i sent, is it worth me contacting Northampton BCC getting it set-aside? thee CCJ is already 3 years old, and was obviously very surpised to find it on there?

any advice?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a good point, i stumbled across this CCJ several months ago, when i couldn't get a mortgage, and there it was, i'd actually moved house and was living with my girlfriend after i sent them the fax stating i wasn't going to pay them due to goods not being fit, and the fact they had the vehicle returned to them?! i'm going to do some digging but i think the CCJ was at my old address.

yes, just checked my credit report online and the CCJ is registered at my old address, no notice given (i don't recall any way)

right then

if this is a yes car or funding co debt, it will be crap, 100%

setting asside should be no problem either, like it never exsisted the ccj

the most this will cost you is seventy five quid

if you are up to it, let me know

do you still have any correspondants from the dca or solicitor

was it marlin/bramber or go debt

It's Yes Car Credit, i've just been through all my documents relating to that period of my life, incl a court fine, lots of papers relating to an attempted repossesion by the Abbey (sold the place before it went thru) but nothing about a judgement for this car, nothing, no notices from a solicitor or even Yes car themselves, i don't have anything from the dca and can't remember who they instructed to contact me!

Just like to get this set aside first to get my head together and plan my attack.

oh BTW postggj

I'M UP TO IT!! LET'S GO!

This Is The Northampton Bulk Centre

Give Them A Call And Quote This Claim Number#

6xc16049

Ask Them If They Can Let You Know Who The Sols Are

If No Joy, We Will Get Te Details From The Registry Trust

Thanks Kh41, mines sitting at Northampton BCC as £6.5k ccj, thought something didn't sit right so i checked my CR and there it was!! i'm trying to, but i think i might be able to prove i was living elsewhere when the ccj was issued.

• 2 weeks later...

HAVE A NOSE TO BEGIN WITH

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/195364-bramber-dr-daf-ltd.html

YOU NEED TO SEND AN SAR

WE WILL THEN MAKE AN APPLICATION TO GET THE JUDGEMENT SET ASSIDE

THE MAX THIS IS GOING TO COST YOU IS 75 QUID FOR THE SET ASSIDE AND A TENNER FOR THE SAR

IVE NOT LOST A YES CAR THREAD YET AND SEE NO REASON FOR YOURS TO BE ANY DIFFERENT

WHEN YOU HAVE READ THE ABOVE THREAD, LET ME KNOW

Edited by postggj

• 4 weeks later...

Well, it's been nearly a month ( i sent the SAR on the 11th of Aug, was recieved by Yes on the 12th) and i have had no correspondence, nothing to say they've received it or even that they're having difficulty finding my records! (this is gonna be easier than i thought!) i will keep you posted, countdown until the 23rd Sept then that will be 40 days gone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
thanks for bumping

is it the sar you got back

list whats in it please

Loads of stuff, i've uploaded some to photobucket if you need to look at anything let me know and i'll post the link

Daf contents picture by philballard30 - http://i928.photobucket.com/albums/ad121/philballard30/DAFcontentspge.jpg

also theres an account summary, an events record (screen dump of everything the company has done with me. a quality assurance checklist, a payout checklist, the finance application form, copy of credit agreement.

BUMP

Bump.... i must emphasise that there is an application in with a constabulary and it's in the initial stages...they don't take too kindly to their potential officers having CCJ's......the CCJ in my opinion was issued illegally as i've checked with Northampton BCC and they've told me the date of the judgement and i would have moved house by then.... and anyway i would have been prepared to go to court to defend myself as Yes Car Credit sold me a lemon which broke within the first 12 months and no-one would repair it even though i bought extra cover for mechanical breakdown. i'm very much prepared to pay the £75 for this and stand in front of a DJ for it. :(

Still here Post

Hi philballard [i hope that's a posting name and not your real name!]

Postggj would seem to be the man for this as he has already shown interest and offered to assist.

You can always send him a PM to see if he is able to help further or if no joy then click on the red triangle beneath your name to alert a member of the site team.

Hi philballard [i hope that's a posting name and not your real name!]

Postggj would seem to be the man for this as he has already shown interest and offered to assist.

You can always send him a PM to see if he is able to help further or if no joy then click on the red triangle beneath your name to alert a member of the site team.

Hi Midden, not my real name, postggj has been spot on so far, and i've been pm'ing as well, but it's the usual story if you're good at something word spreads and you become very popular...i can appreciate how busy he is. i'll bear the site team in mind but i;m prepared to wait a little longer for him, as i believe it'll be totally worth it in the end!;)

Yep.

Had a car with Yes Car Credit, i defaulted a couple of times, and ended up paying them over £900 in arrears, then shortly after that the car suffered a major breakdown, i'd asked Yes at the time of purchase for 3 yrs breakdown, but when i took it to Nationwide repair centre they refused to fix it, i stopped paying and signed and returned a surrender notice, they came to collect the vehicle, had a few letters from them asking for the money, then DLC got involved, issued another default notice, then i changed jobs, i faxed DLC from work telling them that under the sale of goods and another act, i will not be paying for the vehicle as it was not fit for the purpose (didn't even have it for 12 months before it broke) i moved house shortly after that......3 years later tried to get a mortgage and found that DAF had got a CCJ against me, i checked my credit file and there it was, i received no paperwork relating to court or i would have gone to court and explained this to the DJ and i would have won! but i wasn't given the opportunity. this is preventing me from getting a mortgage, and may prevent me from volunteering with the local police