You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Roxysoxy

MBNA money grabbing? Please help!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4009 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My husband took out an MBNA card as a Virgin cc online and ticked for payment protection last December. In February, he lost his job and claimed on his pp policy. MBNA said he wasn't entitled to claim because he was in a temporary position (he had been there 2 years but still classed as a temp). He has subsequently written to them with a templated letter from Which? saying that he was obviously mis-sold the pp. We've heard nothing back yet.

When the interest free period was over, we paid the whole amount off on receipt of the statement (10 days before the due date). We received a statement today saying that we owed interest and when we spoke to them they said you need 2 months of paying the total amount or zero balances before you don't incur interest. I have never come across this before and we have had lots of credit cards. Can they do that? Can we fight it and do we stand any chance of getting the premiums for the protection back?

Sorry this is posted in the wrong place. I have been looking for a thread but most seem to refer to owing the money still.

Thanks in anticipation.

Post moved to the MBNA Forum

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Hi Roxy :)

I've brought this post to the attention of the MODs, however, it might be best for you to start your own thread in the MBNA forum (click the link below):-

MBNA - The Consumer Forums

Scroll to the top (left) of the forum and click on the "New Thread" button - then you can ask all the questions you wish ;)

Evening Saint :p

You're on the ball tonight dear !!

Edited by Brassed off
Crikey, that was quick girl LOL

Hee hee ;-)

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

They don't mess about on here Roxy :D

Hope you get sorted :)