HSBC Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son had a small problem of delay between wages going into bank and a bill needing paying. So, he asked the bank to not pay that bill for that month. However, they still did so and left him overdrawn. They then charged him for this.

Because he signed up for the 'green account' he did not recieve statements telling him about this and before he was aware of anything several other bills had been attempted and this led to more charges.

Several weeks later, £150 was taken from his account in charges, JUST as he was about to have his usual bills go out, this again led to him being overdrawn. Before he could do anything to rectify this they took another £150.

He has made lots of phonecalls and managed to get £25 refunded, but say they can not give back anymore.

he is in full time employment, and manages his money well (being a mum I would say that lol), but this week he was in a bad way as he could not find enough money to pay his rent.

He suffers from ME and all this worry is making him ill.

Could somebody advise me so I can help him.

My son had a small problem of delay between wages going into bank and a bill needing paying. So, he asked the bank to not pay that bill for that month. However, they still did so and left him overdrawn. They then charged him for this.

Because he signed up for the 'green account' he did not recieve statements telling him about this and before he was aware of anything several other bills had been attempted and this led to more charges.

Several weeks later, £150 was taken from his account in charges, JUST as he was about to have his usual bills go out, this again led to him being overdrawn. Before he could do anything to rectify this they took another £150.

He has made lots of phonecalls and managed to get £25 refunded, but say they can not give back anymore.

he is in full time employment, and manages his money well (being a mum I would say that lol), but this week he was in a bad way as he could not find enough money to pay his rent.

Ok, did he do this in writing or by phone? Ask the bank to re investigate this and put it in writing. They need to listen to the call and provide a transcript if available. On the face of it, it is bank error and ask them for a final response so that it can be escalated to the FOS. Make the bank aware of the circumstances and the effects it is having on his health. I am assuming he has now switched to paper statements.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

I deal with HSBC all the time and in the six years that I have banked with them, I have never ever failed to get my charges back off them, in fact I think that they are the easiest to get around.

As this issue appears to be the banks fault for letting the bill go out, any subsequent charges that have been incurred because of there mistake is their responsibility. Call them and ask to speak to the branch liaison team, they are a lot more reasonable and easier to negotiate with than the idiots that read from a script and have a melt down if you ask them for any thing more than your balance. You may have to argue the toss to speak to them but stand your ground. If they wont transfer you ask for the manager and tell them that you have spoken to branch liaison before. They should put you through with out any more questions.

I'm by no means an expert in banking so this is just my opinion based having to speak to them a lot.

• Haha 1