You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

missy321

Should a pregant women be treated like this???

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4015 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I know a few of you guys and girls have recently had baby's...so you might know whats right here....

My younger Sister.....22 years....is 24 weeks pregnant and her older manageress is making this happy time for her very unpleasant whlist in the workplace......

When she found out sister was expecting she phoned her up later in the evening to give her the phone number for the local abortion clinic.....

Sister works in a large well known department store for a big named cosmetic company......so job duties involve standing on feet all day....

Today Company said sister can have a stool behind counter to rest on as she is now 24 weeks.....

Her mangeress is now saying to my sister the stool is getting in the way of work area and she doesn't want here sitting on it....sister is getting very stressed by this and doctor has now signed her off for a week.....and then said hes happy to sign her off for seven weeks when she broke down in tears........

She doesn't feel as though she can go back to work and have all of this stress and hassle anymore as she is feeling very down and depressed which is extremely bad for herself and her unborn baby.

She is due to go on maternity leave in 7 weeks time. Does anyone know that if she took the matter further and seeked legal advice if she would loose out on her maternity pay from the company and her 3 weeks holiday which she is entitled to.

Am i right in thinking all this is wrong.....or is this now normal practice in the UK workplace.......

Many thanks in advance....

Edited by missy321

She needs to make a grievance on the first phone call alone. That is horrific. Furthermore, bullying her while pregnant?? She won't lose her maternity pay. She does need to put it in writing and put down all the things that have happened with any evidence(if it is a mobile phone call it may have a call log of received calls).

Utterly despicable on that first call.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

That is disgraceful. The phone call alone is enough for her to raise a grievance, and so she should (to head office).

Has she had an official risk assessment since she announced her pregnancy? If not she needs to request this in writing.

If she took the matter further and was disciplined as a result of that then she would be well within her rights to bring her employers before a tribunal for sex discrimination.

See my posts here for a bit more on risk assessments and example grievance letter. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/employment-problems/207815-pregnant-work-dilema.html

Also contact the following organisations for advice: EHRC - Home

Acas - How can we help?

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)