standing order charges

sam614
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks for the response :)

I should send a letter to natwest then seeing as they wont help over the phone?

yes cos then you have a paper trail.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

From the Banks point of view you were making a payment that would send your account overdrawn without prior permission. They therefore reversed the payment and charged you their standard £38. If you now visit your local brach and advise that the monies were only going into your own savings account then provided you have not got a big history of charges and or charges refunds they should willingly give it str8 back as it is much more difficult for them to refuse when seeing you face to face. If not you will have to go through the standard procedure for reclaiming overcharges. At the same time cancel the standing order, as you say you can do your own transfers. If you have brought the balance to nil do you need the current account and can you close it? Is a savings account at Nat West paying you the best rate of interest or would you be better finding an account that pays more?

to be honest ive not checked to see the rates natwest offer are like in comparison to other companies, I have just always used Natwest as all my family has.

I have actually got statements from the last 5 years and since setting up the savings account I have 3 other £38 charges due to the savings account that I havnt noticed, probably from being skint at end of the month. Also £38 for things like sky that was around half the price of the charge! I don't know how they can justify it?!

However in total I have £1495 in charges in the last 5 years and never complained once.

All I am really insterested in, in the short term, is getting the charges back for the savings account charges which add up to £228 including the seperate ones from earlier this year?

What kind of things should I go in and say? As I have a tendancy to get stuck for words and just get mad which doesnt help 8-)

Anyway thanks for the responses, been very helpful!