standing order charges

sam614
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know that natwest charge £38 for returning a DD.

I though that STANDING ORDERS we different.

can they charge £38 for not paying a standing order.

not enough funds in sisters account,so they didnot pay standing order.

this was fri 4th june.

payed weekly (each friday since)

and yesterday 17th july they have taken £38 charge(6 weeks later)

hi,yourbank.

I mean is it different because it has not been requested like a DD.

and they charge you for returning DD.

ok her wage goes in on a thursday

they made a mistake on 3rd june

and she found out that no wage was there on friday

she payed £20 in fri morning

wage turned up monday

the company called her on monday to say that the £10 was not in their account.so she payed it over the phone.

SO was payed from 11th june,and every friday since

including yesterday

but they have charged her £38 yesterday.she went into branch today and they said it was from 4th june,as SO was not returned not payed....... and she would have been told in her last statement of the charge,as they give 21 days?

she did not no anything about this till this morning when checking on line.

21 days notice which is from the end of the statement date. The notifications of the changes came out in January 2009.

They no longer charge immediately on the day of transgression.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

no they do it later so that by the time it comes out you have forgotten about it so they can hit you with another charge, dont ya just love em:mad:

yes 6 weeks later:mad:

£38 for a tenner

still going to see if she can claim it back

she was not told it was coming out

and nothing about charge on statement

going to take her into branch on monday.

she has checked old statement and there was £9.52 in the account and wage didnot go in.

so they didnot pay it for the sake off 48p:mad:

thanks 4 help will up date monday

no they do it later so that by the time it comes out you have forgotten about it so they can hit you with another charge, dont ya just love em:mad:

To clarify, even if it is forgotten the same principal applies, ie it is still pre notified and it is a further 6 weeks later.

Either they charge straight away which is unfair or they give notice which is still unfair......they can't win either way really...

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

yeah they can, they can abolish these charges or at least make them sensible and in relation to the misdeamenor, not as is the current case exessive

But so far they legally can do what they are currently doing since the OFT test case has not determined whether the charges are unfair. I think the OFT will win at the HoL but they may not win everything on the terms which is stage 2 of the case.

agreed but it does not stop me advising people to recalim reclaim reclaim

I don't think either of us are disagreeing on reclaim reclaim reclaim(I wouldn't be here if I said that).

so is it best to go into local branch

or ring head office

what is the chance of getting it back

and how long would it take

she has not had a charge before

If it's the first time then the branch and see as it is the first occasion if they will refund it otherwise its standard reclaims process.

• Haha 1

Hi people, just opened this account as im abit ****ed off about charges and found this site :)

Basically I have a savings account for £35 a week also with natwest

Last month I emptied my advantage gold account when i got paid and put it into my savings account to stop me getting tempted to spend as I went on holiday late last month leaving no money leaving no money in the advantage gold account for 3 weeks.

This month I have recieved a charge of £114, 3x £38 as there wasnt enough money in my account for 3 weeks for them to take money out of my normal account and put into my savings account :x

I have rang up complaining but they wouldnt give me anything as its a 'standing order' and I have recieved charges in the past, mainly over 2 years ago now bar 1 month this year as I went over my overdraft.

What does this £38 each time pay for how can they justify this.

Is there anything I can do and what should I do if I can?

Did you have 3 standing orders for your savings account?

Were you aware that you had standing orders on your account?

its three as the money goes into my savings account every week so its 3 weeks worth.

I was aware that they take money out as I set the account up.

I just thought they wouldnt take money out as I was aware there wasnt enough funds - if it was a direct debit i would understand as I would have gone over my overdraft but with it just being a savings account I had it in my head that no money would go out my account

I can transfer money from both accounts free instantly so why should I get a charge for them to attempt to switch the money over (obviously set up by me) and a stupid charge of £38 a time.

So what does the £38 pay for and can i claim in back some other way?

its three as the money goes into my savings account every week so its 3 weeks worth.

I was aware that they take money out as I set the account up.

I just thought they wouldnt take money out as I was aware there wasnt enough funds - if it was a direct debit i would understand as I would have gone over my overdraft but with it just being a savings account I had it in my head that no money would go out my account

I can transfer money from both accounts free instantly so why should I get a charge for them to attempt to switch the money over (obviously set up by me) and a stupid charge of £38 a time.

So what does the £38 pay for and can i claim in back some other way?

Standing Orders are similar to DD's except you control the date they go out. So you need to cancel the SO or on the date requested it will look to go out and if insufficient funds are there it will be bounced regardless of where it is going to.

It's a standard reclaim.